Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you invite ds 20 yo friends to dd’s wedding?
Previous  1  2

Shuly

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:08 am
Adding that I don't think they were officially sent an invitation, but the brother of the kallah told them to come.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:20 am
Friends play too large a role in young people's lives at the expense of family.
A wedding is a time for people to bond with their FAMILY - like COUSINS.
Definitely not for the meal and maybe 1-2 for dancing.Not more. It's Bittul Torah - they should be learning - or even resting so they can learn better the next day.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:26 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Friends play too large a role in young people's lives at the expense of family.
A wedding is a time for people to bond with their FAMILY - like COUSINS.
Definitely not for the meal and maybe 1-2 for dancing.Not more. It's Bittul Torah - they should be learning - or even resting so they can learn better the next day.

What is the point of learning Torah if you won't practice it? There is an inyan to be msameach chatan vkalah. And if their presence will do that.. then yeah invite them.

To OP, the the chatan and kallah are okay with the invites. Invite.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:44 am
singleagain wrote:
What is the point of learning Torah if you won't practice it? There is an inyan to be msameach chatan vkalah. And if their presence will do that.. then yeah invite them.

The older siblings of my older kids often ask them (my older kids) to come as "unofficial" guests. They've all grown up together, and consider themselves almost family. But still too expensive for full invites. More often than not, someone doesn't show up, or leaves before the meal, and the kids have a seat. That doesn't work for more than a few people, of course.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:35 pm
That’s what the “simchas chosson v’kallah” is for. People who just want to come for a little bit and wish Mazel Tov.
There are usually drinks put out on a side table, sometimes kugel and cake.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
In our circles, siblings who are close in age are friends with all of each others friends. I went to a bunch of my brother's friends' weddings. These guys were like part of our family. And my brother went to a lot of my friends' weddings as well.
My DD has friends who are very close with our family and of course I would invite them when my DS gets married.

This.
When you have close friends that are over at the house all the time, they become extended family, especially if they are close in age to the kallah.
Also close friends invite the whole family of their close freind to the wedding.
Really depends on the relationship

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:48 pm
singleagain wrote:

If they will be mesameiach the choson, e.g. there really aren't a lot of bachurim/men who will dance around OR they are friends of the choson, then for sure. But that's not what I'm hearing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics