Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Story in ami

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 3:49 pm
Who is reading the story from chava and shulam? Such interesting poor story. Waiting to hear the end of it already. Im curious if box ended having drugs or not. Wonder how long this story is still stretching. About time to hear some good news.
Anyone else enjoying and waiting each week to hear from it. Its a very interesting continues story.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:01 pm
Yes I'm enjoying it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:02 pm
It's boring - I hate dragging feet. Get to the point.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

feferkorn

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:19 pm
I find it to be very interesting! It just stretches very long, as u say ..come to the point already!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 4:58 pm
I love it. Dont find it stretched out. I like the family dynamics.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 5:55 pm
I'm so frustrated with chava! She is doing just about everything she can to make her marriage fall apart!

meme6

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:03 pm
I’m enjoying it I just feel they don’t need to drag it out so much

meme6

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:03 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I'm so frustrated with chava! She is doing just about everything she can to make her marriage fall apart!

She’s newly married and controlled by her parents it’s not so much her. I believe her hands tied

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:07 pm
I dont like it. Have a little backbone, girl! In general I dont like people without personality.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 6:14 pm
momof2+? wrote:

Same. I don’t love reading about characters who are annoying and unlike able. She comes across as majorly clueless. Her parents are hyperbolic.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 7:51 pm
I had such a different take on it! She is young and newly married - she barely even knows her husband yet let alone his family. They go to E"Y and this happens!
It reminded me of those horrific tho thankfully in the minority divorces which end quickly due to some huge intolerable issue like drugs coming up. Like a nightmare. How does she and her family and his family know at all what is his story?
Would be terrified if this happened to me or to any of my kids particularly if newly married!
While her parents are not portrayed particularly likable in reality it makes a lot of sense that parents would go and would try to get them out of trouble and would not want to use a public defender etc. And if people were under stress like that perhaps it explains the controlling tone and unlikeable picture a bit.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:25 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I had such a different take on it! She is young and newly married - she barely even knows her husband yet let alone his family. They go to E"Y and this happens!
It reminded me of those horrific tho thankfully in the minority divorces which end quickly due to some huge intolerable issue like drugs coming up. Like a nightmare. How does she and her family and his family know at all what is his story?
Would be terrified if this happened to me or to any of my kids particularly if newly married!
While her parents are not portrayed particularly likable in reality it makes a lot of sense that parents would go and would try to get them out of trouble and would not want to use a public defender etc. And if people were under stress like that perhaps it explains the controlling tone and unlikeable picture a bit.

The plot is not the issue. Its the 'flatness' of the story that does it. There is no depth of character. Parents=over enmeshed. Newlywed daughter=fickle. Sil=wants Independence. Now lets watch it play out. Divorce wont happen here. Daughter will have to gain some backbone in order to create a relationship with hubby. Hubby will learn to be more communicative, assertive and the like. Parents will either stay enmeshed or they wont. THE END. Its to predictable.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The plot is not the issue. Its the 'flatness' of the story that does it. There is no depth of character. Parents=over enmeshed. Newlywed daughter=fickle. Sil=wants Independence. Now lets watch it play out. Divorce wont happen here. Daughter will have to gain some backbone in order to create a relationship with hubby. Hubby will learn to be more communicative, assertive and the like. Parents will either stay enmeshed or they wont. THE END. Its to predictable.

I disagree. It's a serial story. We see the parts of their character as it relates to the story. I'm sure the father has many sides to him, we see how he and all the other characters reacts to this particular situation--having their first child get married and then this drama happen. All serial stories are "flat" in that way.

As to whether its predictable, you might be right. I guess we'll see!

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I disagree. It's a serial story. We see the parts of their character as it relates to the story. I'm sure the father has many sides to him, we see how he and all the other characters reacts to this particular situation--having their first child get married and then this drama happen. All serial stories are "flat" in that way.

As to whether its predictable, you might be right. I guess we'll see!

Not all serial stories are that way at all. Etka gittels writing, Leah Gebber, Rachel Lavon to name a few. If this were to come out in a book, I would read the first chapter-last chapter and put it down.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Not all serial stories are that way at all. Etka gittels writing, Leah Gebber, Rachel Lavon to name a few. If this were to come out in a book, I would read the first chapter-last chapter and put it down.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not going to go through these writers separately in case they're reading this (and because I don't read all the magazines all the time so I'm not totally up to date) but at least one is a total snoozefest and the plot moves soooooo slowly. That's fine for a book but not for a serial. I'm not emotionally invested in these made up characters, if you want to keep my attention all year just keep the story believable and the action going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics