Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Would u think it had an effect?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:45 pm
It sounds maybe funny and stupid but I still think about it .
I sat with my dc around the table enjoying each others and my youngest 6 year old sat with me. He kept pressing one side of my breast , I ignored it . He is my baby and I dont care if he touches me, just my bucher that sat across me gave a stare to my my 6 year old while he was touching me and I saw my bucher looking . Im not saying it means anything. Just for my own knowledge I would like to know if it can have an effect on a 15 year old watching his 6 year old brother touching that part of my body.
( Of course I was dressed. )

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:52 pm
Next time don't let it go on

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:54 pm
I would have told the six year old “Moishe, please stop. It’s not appropriate to push Mommy like that”, instead of not caring. Then the teenager will see that you have boundaries and that they are to be respected.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:46 pm
He's staring because it's inappropriate.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:48 pm
He was staring because it's inappropriate for a 6 year old to touch mom's breasts and he was surprised that you're letting it go on. He might have been trying to hint to you that you should stop.
A 6 year old is not a baby. This is a very weird thing to say "he is my baby and I don't care if he touches me." It's inappropriate.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:50 pm
Sounds like he gave him a stare to try to indicate to him to stop. Sounds like he realized it was inappropriate faster than you did

weasley

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:27 pm
If a 6 yr old is still your baby, at what age are they not considered a baby anymore?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:47 pm
Thanks for all replies. I dont know , I mustve lost my mind then that I ignored. He is my youngest child and I love him like he was born yesterday . I have to start facing fact that he is not a baby anymore . Next time I will not let it since it bothered me about my older son gazing. Seems like I was too into the chatting with the rest of the ppl around and I didnt pay to much attention with my 6 year old , and obviously it hasnt bothered me , but I did notice my 15 year olds eyes going there so hope he forgot already and a little later I gave thought to it thinking how inappropriate it was.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:07 pm
Definitely inappropriate. I don't let my toddlers do that

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all replies. I dont know , I mustve lost my mind then that I ignored. He is my youngest child and I love him like he was born yesterday . I have to start facing fact that he is not a baby anymore . Next time I will not let it since it bothered me about my older son gazing. Seems like I was too into the chatting with the rest of the ppl around and I didnt pay to much attention with my 6 year old , and obviously it hasnt bothered me , but I did notice my 15 year olds eyes going there so hope he forgot already and a little later I gave thought to it thinking how inappropriate it was.

It's inappropriate for toddlers as well. It doesn't have to do with where in the family the child is.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:45 pm
My seven year old is a very young seven, and extremely sensory seeking. He has given a feel there, and my intuitive response is to distract him, but not say firmly "that's inappropriate," because the forbidden feeling would bring his attention to my chest more often. He just wants to feel something soft and marshmallow-y. OP, if your son is sensory seeking, make sure he has good squishy toys to smush, and gum to chew, it will help stop the behavior more than scolding.
As for your fifteen year old, no you haven't hurt him, he is just curious as is normal for his developmental stage. When he sees you distracting your son to more appropriate sensory stimulation, he will learn a good parenting skill.

kenz

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:46 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
It's inappropriate for toddlers as well. It doesn't have to do with where in the family the child is.

OP, I've been in the position of not wanting my baby to grow up so I totally get you. It's very hard to separate wanting a baby around and wanting the baby of the family to remain a baby. It sounds like in this case you need to draw a firmer line between your baby being your baby vs. actually being a baby. A six year old is not a baby, and although I don't think you caused any lasting damage to either one of them, I do think it shouldn't happen again. Touching mommy in a private area should not be allowed, period. Once a baby stops nursing, he should not be allowed to simply touch mommy's breasts. Gently but firmly explain that personal areas shouldn't be touched - it will do him well for his own safety as well. I agree that your older son probably thought it was inappropriate and wanted him to stop but didn't want to say anything in front of a room full of people.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
My seven year old is a very young seven, and extremely sensory seeking. He has given a feel there, and my intuitive response is to distract him, but not say firmly "that's inappropriate," because the forbidden feeling would bring his attention to my chest more often. He just wants to feel something soft and marshmallow-y. OP, if your son is sensory seeking, make sure he has good squishy toys to smush, and gum to chew, it will help stop the behavior more than scolding.
As for your fifteen year old, no you haven't hurt him, he is just curious as is normal for his developmental stage. When he sees you distracting your son to more appropriate sensory stimulation, he will learn a good parenting skill.

How old is your young seven year old

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:50 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

You don't need to tell the child "that's inappropriate". The mom has to know that it's inappropriate. You can just tell the child that we don't touch other people because we respect their personal space.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children