Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Does foldable bedframe for normal mattress exist??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:48 pm
Help me fellow imamothers!
I am planning ahead for pesach (only because I have to!! Not because I think this is normal!)and I realized that in all likelihood a lot of my family members will be spending first days with me.
We only have one guest room, but we can easily have my daughter give up her room for one of the couples-the problem is that theres only one bed in her room. Buying a hi-riser is not an answer because her bed has much needed storage underneath.

So the only thing I can think of is getting one of those foldable bedframe cot things, and setting that up, but my husband says theyre very uncomfortable and not nice to give an adult.

My question is if theres a foldable bedframe that is meant for use with a regular twin sized mattress? (I was told most frames are narrower, for smaller mattresses that they come with)

Help!

(Annonymous because im asking in real life too)

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:51 pm
No. A standard mattress is too thick to fold. That’s why the folding cots are so uncomfy-/the mattresses have to be thin to fold.

But look into camping cots. Some of them use air mattresses that are thicker than regular folding bed mattresses.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am planning ahead for pesach (only because I have to!! Not because I think this is normal!)and I realized that in all likelihood a lot of my family members will be spending first days with me.
We only have one guest room, but we can easily have my daughter give up her room for one of the couples-the problem is that theres only one bed in her room. Buying a hi-riser is not an answer because her bed has much needed storage underneath.

So the only thing I can think of is getting one of those foldable bedframe cot things, and setting that up, but my husband says theyre very uncomfortable and not nice to give an adult.

My question is if theres a foldable bedframe that is meant for use with a regular twin sized mattress? (I was told most frames are narrower, for smaller mattresses that they come with)

Help!

What about air mattresses? Some of them (especially the pricier ones) are quite decent & comfy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:56 pm
zaq wrote:
No. A standard mattress is too thick to fold. That’s why the folding cots are so uncomfy-/the mattresses have to be thin to fold.

I should have been clearer-im happy to store a regular mattress for use on top of the frame. I dont mind shlepping a mattress upstairs when we have guests, I just need a nice bedframe that can easily fold up

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:57 pm
Do you need a frame? For limited use can you just put the mattress straight on the floor?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
What about air mattresses? Some of them (especially the pricier ones) are quite decent & comfy.

And put it on what? The floor? I cant do that...I have a nice twin mattress, I just need a frame thats easily stored and assembled.
This is for a married couple...

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I should have been clearer-im happy to store a regular mattress for use on top of the frame. I dont mind shlepping a mattress upstairs when we have guests, I just need a nice bedframe that can easily fold up

A quick google search shows that they exist.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:58 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Do you need a frame? For limited use can you just put the mattress straight on the floor?

It's for a married couple, for yomtov....I need a frame.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And put it on what? The floor? I cant do that...I have a nice twin mattress, I just need a frame thats easily stored and assembled.
This is for a married couple...

There are high rise air mattresses available.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Help!

Something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonB.....psc=1

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonB.....psc=1

Oh my. Yes! I think so!
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics