Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Please recommend a keyboard or digital piano

L K

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:52 pm
I’d like to figure out which models are good; will then look for a good deal on those.

Not the $100 Yamahas, their plug ports seem to break rather quickly.

Not $600-1000 tag either.

What’s a better quality keyboard, or something with weighted keys even?

Thanks!

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:43 pm
Yamaha PSR-E463 is supposed to be a nice "in-between" keyboard, a solid step up from their beginner keyboards, but with a price tag of $300 much more affordable than something like the Korg PA-600 ($1000).

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:57 pm
Ds has a korg pa 600. It is a professional sound and quality. It’s not cheap. Before that we’ve had various Yamahas.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:28 pm
My experience is that many models and price points of keyboards don't do well being plugged and unplugged often.

I've chosen to use a cheaper keyboard and use batteries for my classroom teaching, where I go from room to room.

For our home, it's totally worth it to have a real piano. The sound is tons better, and it's much more satisfying to play. You can often find people giving away pianos or selling them cheaply. With a good person to check them out, you can do really well, if you have the space.

mfb

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:33 pm
My ds is dying for a korg 600 to learn how to play. But it’s very expensive and even a used one was going for $700

2cents

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:37 pm
imasinger wrote:
My experience is that many models and price points of keyboards don't do well being plugged and unplugged often.

I've chosen to use a cheaper keyboard and use batteries for my classroom teaching, where I go from room to room.

For our home, it's totally worth it to have a real piano. The sound is tons better, and it's much more satisfying to play. You can often find people giving away pianos or selling them cheaply. With a good person to check them out, you can do really well, if you have the space.

Can you please recommend some models that are good to learn from? We don't have room for a piano, but my dd is begging for lessons.

L K

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:46 pm
imasinger wrote:

I’m actually looking for an electronic piece to supplement existing piano: I can’t allow little kids to abuse it lol.
And two pianos option have been vetoed by household members Smile)

Violet123

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:59 pm
Casio
CDP-235 R
We got it a few years ago though

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 8:03 am
Just wondering if anyone has experience with an electric piano? Not a keyboard. I’m referring to a full size piano that has pedals but turns on and off electronically and has volume control. We were looking into one that is quite expensive but would want to hear from others about the sound quality.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 8:54 am
I own a Casio Previa that would fit your description except mine is the travel model — yes, it's very heavy to tote. The 88 fully weighted, full-sized keys make it feel more or less like an actual piano. Tone is good but I much prefer playing my real piano. It's a good solution for small spaces because of its size, and for thin walls because you can use it with a headphone.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:05 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I own a Casio Previa that would fit your description except mine is the travel model — yes, it's very heavy to tote. The 88 fully weighted, full-sized keys make it feel more or less like an actual piano. Tone is good but I much prefer playing my real piano. It's a good solution for small spaces because of its size, and for thin walls because you can use it with a headphone.

Do you know how it compares to the Casio apr-470?

mooma

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:18 am
My Son uses a digital piano Yamaha P-115 which costed approx $5-600 a few years ago.

For keyboard he has korg PA 600

He uses both regularly

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:34 am
Yamaha are really badly made. Korgs all the way.

DH will fight anyone to death of this lol. He knows a lot of people in the keyboard industry and people who make beats, who sell beats, who create the background music on many frum famous CD's - they all use Korgs. The yamahas don't mix and sound well

DH owns a Korg he bought second hand a few years ago, due to inflation and lack of parts his keyboard is worth more than what he bought it for apparently now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars