Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
I wish I had somewhere to go for winter break
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:07 pm
I think bed bugs are more likely in a place that tends to have high volume of guests from foreign places. I've stayed in many hotels in various cities and never once saw a bed bug.

baltomom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:38 pm
Can Bubby come visit you? Or perhaps other relatives who also have winter break and are looking for a family trip?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I understand what you're saying (that's usually the case for us) but that isn't a problem this year.

And do you also stay home the whole school year and only do one trip in the summer all year? Or you go away other times? We don't.

Me and most of my friends do that. + many away locally for pesach (not a vacation but to family mostly lots of driving)

We do fun local things. Ranging from free library passes to some museums and aquarium type of thing, to painting stuff at home.

We don’t always go away in the summer either and not everyone around us does that at all. Depending on stage of life (younger vs older kids) and finances.

I understand it’s hard when you CANT go away, and I can relate, but don’t fall into the “everyone does it” trap that makes you feel worse.

I’ve lived in and out of town and my experience in both was similar. Oot more ppl went away to family in the summer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 1:04 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Me and most of my friends do that. + many away locally for pesach (not a vacation but to family mostly lots of driving)

We do fun local things. Ranging from free library passes to some museums and aquarium type of thing, to painting stuff at home.

We don’t always go away in the summer either and not everyone around us does that at all. Depending on stage of life (younger vs older kids) and finances.

I understand it’s hard when you CANT go away, and I can relate, but don’t fall into the “everyone does it” trap that makes you feel worse.

I’ve lived in and out of town and my experience in both was similar. Oot more ppl went away to family in the summer.

Locally for pesach = your family is local

Totally different situation

We are the furthest from the "everyone does it" mindset. My kids have never been to a hotel or on a plane. That's not the issue.

I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks, everyone!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Locally for pesach = your family is local

Totally different situation

We are the furthest from the "everyone does it" mindset. My kids have never been to a hotel or on a plane. That's not the issue.

I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks, everyone!

Locally is usually 4/5 hours minimum. Very few have family in our town. Many do the long drive to Baltimore etc. what I meant was not a trip like flying to an exotic locale kind of thing. Or skiing type of trip.

I think there’s two different things- one is the being far from family and one is not being to afford fun splurge trips like skiing or Florida. I struggle with both but find that I’m in good company...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics