Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help me excuse myself that I have cleaning help
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:57 pm
Why do you feel the need to? . It’s not immoral, illegal, fattening or rude.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:22 pm
woman! I'm a stay at home mom , my youngest is six years old, and I have cleaning help 3 days a week, 6 hours each time!
Whom do you need to excuse yourself for?!?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:49 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
woman! I'm a stay at home mom , my youngest is six years old, and I have cleaning help 3 days a week, 6 hours each time!
Whom do you need to excuse yourself for?!?

Can you please list how you have 6 hours of work 3x a week to give a cleaning lady? I’d yiir house that big?? Really genuinely looking for more ideas for mine!!!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Can you please list how you have 6 hours of work 3x a week to give a cleaning lady? I’d yiir house that big?? Really genuinely looking for more ideas for mine!!!

1) My cleaning lady is a SLOWPOKE. She can spend 2 hours in the kitchen. over an hour doing dishes. She is super slow.

2) My house is always super messy. I leave all housework to my cleaning lady including dishes and light decluttering. I have a very hard time with housework / organization and I'm glad someone else can do most of it for me.

3) Even after she leaves the house doesn't look immaculate. She doesnt always finish everything and she isnt a 'finisher' - she'll leave the dried dishes out and not put them away, for example.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 8:02 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
1) My cleaning lady is a SLOWPOKE. She can spend 2 hours in the kitchen. over an hour doing dishes. She is super slow.

2) My house is always super messy. I leave all housework to my cleaning lady including dishes and light decluttering. I have a very hard time with housework / organization and I'm glad someone else can do most of it for me.

3) Even after she leaves the house doesn't look immaculate. She doesnt always finish everything and she isnt a 'finisher' - she'll leave the dried dishes out and not put them away, for example.

Wow, 6 hours Is a LONG time to not put away dried dishes. What kind of light declutterinh does she do? She’s not going to throw out anything. How many bathrooms?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:59 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Wow, 6 hours Is a LONG time to not put away dried dishes. What kind of light declutterinh does she do? She’s not going to throw out anything. How many bathrooms?

2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a hallway, a dining room, and a kitchen with 2 sinks of dishes, stuff piled up on the table, floor to pick up stuff from and sweep and wash.
She can sometimes spend an hour cleaning the bathroom, when she's really checking her phone half the time. And I dont notice bc I'm busy working or ran out to do an errand.
I keep her bc I 1) still pay her only $10 an hour even though most ppl pay $12 - $15 by now and 2) she is desperate for the job so she'll always show up no matter what. My mother and sisters have cycled through a dozen cleaning ladies in the 4 years she's been working with me.

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:07 am
Mama Bear wrote:
2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a hallway, a dining room, and a kitchen with 2 sinks of dishes, stuff piled up on the table, floor to pick up stuff from and sweep and wash.
She can sometimes spend an hour cleaning the bathroom, when she's really checking her phone half the time. And I dont notice bc I'm busy working or ran out to do an errand.
I keep her bc I 1) still pay her only $10 an hour even though most ppl pay $12 - $15 by now and 2) she is desperate for the job so she'll always show up no matter what. My mother and sisters have cycled through a dozen cleaning ladies in the 4 years she's been working with me.

Can you invest in a dishwasher? A lot quicker and more practical than washing tons of dishes.
Wow, I pay my cleaning lady $14 per hour plus $5 transportation each way. It's a fortune but no choice.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:34 am
Chaya123 wrote:
Can you invest in a dishwasher? A lot quicker and more practical than washing tons of dishes.
Wow, I pay my cleaning lady $14 per hour plus $5 transportation each way. It's a fortune but no choice.

I use that space for a 2nd small freezer. One day when I'll figure out where to put a 2nd freezer I'll put a dishwasher there.

But my cleaning lady will anyway be here for 6 hours. She wants to make her money. She'll dawdle over something else.

Right now it's 2:35 pm. She's here since 11 a.m.
She still hasn't left the kitchen.
SHe just finished washing it and I gave her lunch.
I'm dreaming if I think she'll finish the dining room, 3 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms at some reasonable hour....

Sigh.

But this house wouldnt be liveable without her, so..... Bh she exists!

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:37 am
You can put freezer in bedroom and maybe be more tough on her so she doesn't get away with it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:44 am
I didn’t have cleaning help for close to a decade. I couldn’t see myself spending money we barely had on something I could do myself. Not that I was able to do it all myself but at least I’ve been telling myself that. I was literally a shmatta.

Then I was put on bedrest and couldn’t do it. Not that I didn’t get to it all, but even if I wanted to - there was no way I was allowed to do even the basics. So my husband tried helping out and started doing what I’ve been doing all along. And though he managed to get much of it done, he had no energy left for the children. And I realized that that’s exactly how I was. True, I was able to physically push myself to do the work of a cleaning lady. But that took away from my patience and energy I could’ve had for my kids. And it wasn’t worth it. No, I wouldn’t choose bedrest again. But I’m glad it was the push I needed to get help.

Please don’t feel guilty for giving your children a better mother.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:23 pm
I also have 4 kids and have more hours than you do (usually).
I’m like mama bear .. I’m not good with housework and organizing and I’m sure they take advantage of me but I’m desperate and I just want my house to look somewhat presentable.
Bottom line, a house with six people living in it can get messy, dirty, cluttered.. whatever and if you can’t always stay on top of it at least there is the cleaning help option even though it costs.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:48 pm
I’m on my forties and don’t regret for a second the money I spent on household help when I had little ones. My friend on the other hand, regrets not taking more help to make those hectic years more manageable.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 1:03 pm
zaq wrote:

I disagree with you.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 1:09 pm
zaq wrote:

What about me? Getting tuition assistance, significant credit card debt, behind on rent.

(I'm not getting cleaning help at the moment, but had a few months ago.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry