Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is Bamba Healthy?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:52 pm
My baby is a year and I never gave him any sugar or unhealthy foods. I dont want to if I dont have to.
Israelis give their kids Bamba and they say that Israel has the lowest rate of allergic to peanuts and they say its because of that. Allergies run in my family so I want to give my baby bamba but is it healthy enough or is it made of just junk?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:53 pm
Junk

Last edited by amother on Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wife1

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:55 pm
If you want the benefit just give a pb sandwich

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:55 pm
I think it's junk but dh felt strongly we should give it because of allergies so it was the only junk my first had for a long time. We limited portions--a few here and there.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:57 pm
Total junk. Give the kid a cracker with a very thin schmear of peanut butter, or make peanut soup.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:59 pm
my babysitter asked if I can send bamba bcz all the other kids have and my baby wants. Would you send?

mrsjay

I was under the impression that it wasn’t so “ junky” what makes everyone say the opposite or the nutrition facts that bad.

amother
OP

zaq wrote:
Total junk. Give the kid a cracker with a very thin schmear of peanut butter, or make peanut soup.

Peanut soup? Do you have a recipe?

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:05 pm
There’s no added sugar. It’s peanuts, salt, corn and oil. Most of the fat is actually from the peanuts I think. It has fiber and protein and iron. Is it as healthy as pure veggies? No. Is it just as healthy or more healthy than crackers or pretzels? Probably. Is it more healthy than the Gerber puffs? Almost definitely

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my babysitter asked if I can send bamba bcz all the other kids have and my baby wants. Would you send?

you said in your OP that you don't want to give unhealthy foods if you don't have to.

You don't have to give your 1 year old Bamba in any circumstance.

If baby is around other babies eating Bamba - its probably a good idea to get comfortable that your baby doesn't currently have a peanut alergy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:14 pm
teachkids wrote:
There’s no added sugar. It’s peanuts, salt, corn and oil. Most of the fat is actually from the peanuts I think. It has fiber and protein and iron. Is it as healthy as pure veggies? No. Is it just as healthy or more healthy than crackers or pretzels? Probably. Is it more healthy than the Gerber puffs? Almost definitely

Thanks just what I needed to hear

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:15 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
you said in your OP that you don't want to give unhealthy foods if you don't have to.

You don't have to give your 1 year old Bamba in any circumstance.

If baby is around other babies eating Bamba - its probably a good idea to get comfortable that your baby doesn't currently have a peanut alergy.

Wow youre being sharp or just woke up on the left side today. I know I dont have to give anything I was asking for an opinion.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:32 pm
I don’t think it’s a bad idea to give your baby some Bamba. He’ll start asking for it in a couple of years anyways.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:41 pm
teachkids wrote:

This.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow youre being sharp or just woke up on the left side today. I know I dont have to give anything I was asking for an opinion.

I do have a headache - but why does what I would do matter to you. You make choices for your child differently that I would mine.

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:01 pm
Now that I have a few more minutes to respond, I'll add:
It's our go to snack when I need to buy myself 5 minutes to make dinner or go to the bathroom when we get home from work. Baby eats it totally independently and I feel like at least this way there's some nutrition entering her little body so it's ok if it fills her up a bit instead of her regular dinner. It's also offered as dessert sometimes.

It's an excellent snack food for babies. I would not make it a meal except under extreme circumstances.

Just wanted to add, I'm comparing the nutrition facts of 28g of bamba vs 32g of PB.
Bamba has less fat, less sodium, and less sugar (more other carbs though). PB does have more protein though.

Last edited by teachkids on Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks just what I needed to hear

glad to help!

Rappel

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes. I'm not crazy about junk food, but I'm sure this would make the babysitter's life a lot easier, if it already got to the point that she's asking. No reason to set your toddler up for tears and tantrums over this.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:10 pm
teachkids wrote:
Now that I have a few more minutes to respond, I'll add:
It's our go to snack when I need to buy myself 5 minutes to make dinner or go to the bathroom when we get home from work. Baby eats it totally independently and I feel like at least this way there's some nutrition entering her little body so it's ok if it fills her up a bit instead of her regular dinner. It's also offered as dessert sometimes.

It's an excellent snack food for babies. I would not make it a meal except under extreme circumstances.

Just wanted to add, I'm comparing the nutrition facts of 28g of bamba vs 32g of PB.
Bamba has less fat, less sodium, and less sugar (more other carbs though). PB does have more protein though.

Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I do have a headache - but why does what I would do matter to you. You make choices for your child differently that I would mine.

A lot of imamother is asking for opinions. People ask around and then do whatever they feel is best for their child
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics