Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Broadway show for 13 yr old dd

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:36 pm
What would you recommend for a BY girl that’s clean? Thanx!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:38 pm
The lion King is incredible, and totally clean.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:24 am
I couldn’t find reasonably priced tickets for Wicked. How’s phantom of the opera?

Lovemy5

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:51 am
Would you try Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? My daughter (19) and I loved it. We got pretty cheap tickets as well.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:58 am
I just took my 12 year old to see Harry Potter and we loved it! It's in 2 parts though, so we had to dedicate an entire day and evening to it.

It's very clean, but there were a couple of kisses. Just quick pecks, nothing obscene. It was more humorous in context than romantic.

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:59 am
Does a completely clean broadway show exist? They usually stick in something.

For example, Frozen is being marketed as a kid friendly show. It is until one dance has the dancers in flesh colored body suits and using branches to cover places in front and behind depending which direction the dancers are facing!

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:13 am
What do you mean by clean?

Lion King is amazing, but they are not fully dressed in all scenes.

Phantom's story is a bit grown up.

Wicked's storyline is also a bit more adult.

I read the Harry Potter script and as a fan of the books I felt like it was a disgrace.

Haven seen Frozen, so don't know.

And those are just what was mentioned

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:18 am
I dislike phantom of the opera and wicked bored me

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:22 am
Do not go to Avenue Q - like my mom who wanted to take my children to a puppet show. She/they did not go. I knew better, had a fight with her about it, as I was being ridiculous, reading into things that don't exist, and looking for problems where there are non. It is a puppet show, and puppet shows are for children. No one is that sick to make something inappropriate that caters to children, it must be fine and you (meaning me) must be imagining it.

Girl@Heart

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:14 am
Take her to Lion King. Wicked’s stories are a little mature for a 13 year old. Phantom is totally an adult show.

If you like broadway you’ll enjoy Lion King. It’s the only broadway show I’ve seen twice and I’d go again.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Do not go to Avenue Q - like my mom who wanted to take my children to a puppet show. She/they did not go. I knew better, had a fight with her about it, as I was being ridiculous, reading into things that don't exist, and looking for problems where there are non. It is a puppet show, and puppet shows are for children. No one is that sick to make something inappropriate that caters to children, it must be fine and you (meaning me) must be imagining it.

Lol Avenue Q is an adult-only show. Stick with Disney- the Lion King, Aladdin, or Frozen.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:43 am
Agree with the above posters. I have seen Waitress and Dear Evan Hansen so far, and both are far from clean. The closest you can get to clean is chaste kisses on Disney shows IMO. Phantom is NOT for kids.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:46 am
Why not go to Rachel's Place Plays? They are quite professional and totally clean.
Plus a portion goes for tzedakkah.

Some high school plays are also high quality!

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Someone gave me tickets and I went. I was told "muppets for grown ups". I was not prepared for what followed. Very good, funny show but even as an adult, this was a lot to take.

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:56 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Why not go to Rachel's Place Plays? They are quite professional and totally clean.
Plus a portion goes for tzedakkah.

Some high school plays are also high quality!

I agree. Maybe you can still get tickets to extra performance they recently added.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics