Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Preteen book about anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 11:44 pm
DD has anxiety and has wanted to read something like kidspeak stories from kids like her. Does anyone know of any book like that for her?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:06 pm
Bump
Any ideas?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:07 pm
In don't know if any books like that exist. Would it help her to speak to stam other people with anxiety?

Joy of Motherhood

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:50 pm
Living Emunah for teens. Or the one for children. Talk about trust and confidence

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:14 pm
I'm not sure about anxiety specifically, but there's a memoir called My Thirteenth Winter by Samantha Abeel about a girl with a math-related learning disability. She definitely had some anxiety because of her condition. I also found this list, but I haven't read any of them, so you might want to check them out to see if they're appropriate. https://www.readbrightly.com/k.....alth/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:31 pm
Tusm! Perhaps I should add that her anxiety is specifically regarding health. She hates hearing about anyone with a sickness of any kind, etc.

bsy

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:16 pm
The book "Guts." Its a comic book. Here's a bit about it
https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children