Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Allergy category 1
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:21 pm
btw I was by the dr today for something else and he was totally not concerned. he said the rash on his face could be from anything, new soap etc. still doesnt think its from food

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:50 pm
I'm confused because you said hives a few times and are now describing something that is not hives.

Irritated face with no other symptoms is not likely allergy. If the child has been eating the food with no symptoms, they usually disregard the blood test and continue eating the food. If there are symptoms, including hives, and possibly including eczema if you trace it straight to the trigger, then it's considered a real allergy.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:52 pm
Hives are basically like mosquito bites but they come and go more abruptly. If it disappears right after taking Benadryl then it's probably hives.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:38 pm
If my baby gets a few hives (literally like 2-3 pimples) after he eats that fades away after an hour or two, is that considered an allergy?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
If my baby gets a few hives (literally like 2-3 pimples) after he eats that fades away after an hour or two, is that considered an allergy?

Pimples or hives? Hives look like mosquito bites, bigger than pimples. Sometimes skin is sensitive, especially to acidic foods. That's not an allergy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:46 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm confused because you said hives a few times and are now describing something that is not hives.

Irritated face with no other symptoms is not likely allergy. If the child has been eating the food with no symptoms, they usually disregard the blood test and continue eating the food. If there are symptoms, including hives, and possibly including eczema if you trace it straight to the trigger, then it's considered a real allergy.

sorry this is my first experience with this and maybe I was too quick to say hives. sounds more like an irratated face/maybe related to teething or skin condition. I was just nervius because of the allergy testing but my dr calmed my fears.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Pimples or hives? Hives look like mosquito bites, bigger than pimples. Sometimes skin is sensitive, especially to acidic foods. That's not an allergy.

Yes like mosquito bites. This week he actually got one near his mouth- was like a line about half an inch. If it’s skin sensitive why would it just be a few hives, not the entire area?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:53 pm
My doctor told me not to avoid any foods that simply give rashes. The more exposure the kid has, the less they will break out.

Hives is something else.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Yes like mosquito bites. This week he actually got one near his mouth- was like a line about half an inch. If it’s skin sensitive why would it just be a few hives, not the entire area?

What was he eating?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
What was he eating?

Pizza and poutine fries (I’m assuming it was the poutine because he never broke out like that from pizza).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics