Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Has anyone studied social work in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 4:22 am
If so, Id love to hear about where and how the studies were. Was the hebrew hard? How long the course was?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:00 am
I cant say anything about social work specifically, but for any degree course you will need a certain level of Hebrew. There is an exam, מבחן יע'ל, and most universities require a certain grade as part of the entrance qualifications if you finished school in chutz l'aretz.

Beyond that for social work you would probably need excellent spoken Hebrew, and the ability to write exams in Hebrew. Papers and reports are less of an issue, since you can get them translated if necessary.

Once you move into a Hebrew speaking environment, you'll find that your Hebrew will rapidly improve, and the rest of your class will probably be willing to help - maybe in return for help with their english classes - so don't worry too much about that. Good luck.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:03 am
Elfrida wrote:
I cant say anything about social work specifically, but for any degree course you will need a certain level of Hebrew. There is an exam, מבחן יע'ל, and most universities require a certain grade as part of the entrance qualifications if you finished school in chutz l'aretz.

Beyond that for social work you would probably need excellent spoken Hebrew, and the ability to write exams in Hebrew. Papers and reports are less of an issue, since you can get them translated if necessary.

Once you move into a Hebrew speaking environment, you'll find that your Hebrew will rapidly improve, and the rest of your class will probably be willing to help - maybe in return for help with their english classes - so don't worry too much about that. Good luck.
Ive been here over 20 years. My hebrew is fine. I was just wondering, thats all. Even though I live in an israeli environment and talk hebrew with many people, I have tried studying once many years ago in hebrew and it was just hard for me. Its doable, but literally was just curious. But thanks.

israelmama

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:18 am
I’m not studying social work now but I am taking a course in Hebrew- it’s not easy but gets easier with time! Good luck!

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 6:13 am
I did a year of social work at Hebrew U. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the program.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions