Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:52 am

I fell asleep around 1:30am (very late for me) and Dh’s alarm was blasting loud at 7am which woke me up. Although my alarm was really set for 8am I just couldn’t fall back asleep... (my kids were up and making a little noise)
I hate being tired all day!
How many hours did you get?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:54 am
6 hours I wake up in the middle of the nights to go to the bathroom I have insomnia and take pills

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:56 am
4 hours. I needed to wait for a load to wash, so I can put it in the dryer, and the alarm clocks in this house starts ringing at 5:15 every morning.

ces

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:58 am
4h 45m. I was up late working on some very important work that I only found out about yesterday and needed to be done by this morning, and I still need to wake up in time to get to work on time. Unfortunately it's not terribly unusual for me to have to manage on less sleep than I really need but I know it's going to be a tired day.

Last edited by ces on Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
4 hours. I needed to wait for a load to wash, so I can put it in the dryer, and the alarm clocks in this house starts ringing at 5:15 every morning.

Ok... there has to be a hug button for this!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:59 am

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:01 am
About 5.5 I think

mommyloves

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:02 am
3 hours. I fell asleep at 10 and woke up at 1 to use the bathroom and couldn't fall back asleep. Wahhh

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:05 am
6ish.

I think we need to add, "and were they consecutive?"

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:06 am
4-6 hours??? How do you all keep functioning? I had slightly more than 7 hours with one interruption, but still feel like a zombie. I feel like that most days.

mom of cuties

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:10 am
4 hours.
Unfortunately it’s the norm for me.
Busy mom here working two jobs...
I do crash sometimes though usually at end of week....

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:12 am
Around 6 1/2 hours. I'm in bed early but my I'm up with my baby a couple of times.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:15 am
thunderstorm wrote:

It should be illegal to write such a number, in relation to adult hours of sleep, on imamother.

I slept 5.5 with a nursing break in the middle.

I'm exhausted. Twisted Evil

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:16 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
4-6 hours??? How do you all keep functioning? I had slightly more than 7 hours with one interruption, but still feel like a zombie. I feel like that most days.

You are assuming we aren't zombies. Being a zombie doesn't preclude functioning. It just precludes functioning well.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:17 am
2 hours alone. 4 hours with a baby nursing while I "slept"

CHAYA R

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:20 am
8 hours. 2 interruptions. I dont know how you people carry on with your day with 4 or 5 hours of sleep.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:22 am
4 hours and 5 minutes with waking up to feed baby (but we both fell back to sleep while he was nursing). I was still up working until almost 2am, and alarm starts ringing at 6.05am, and I have an almost 8 week old baby. Thankfully my other kids all stayed in bed those 4 hours, unlike the night before when the 4 year old came at some point to make herself comfortable, and the 8 year old came with a bad dream at 5:30am so neither of us really fell back asleep before the alarm started ringing.
I did manage an hour "snooze" after the big ones left while I was still home with the 3 little ones, baby sleeping and other 2 playing in my room, before the second shift school run.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:27 am
Metukah wrote:
It should be illegal to write such a number, in relation to adult hours of sleep, on imamother.

I slept 5.5 with a nursing break in the middle.

I'm exhausted. Twisted Evil

I think it just proves my weakness . I can’t function on less than 8.5 hours. If I sleep less than that I am a dysfunctional crazy person. So you guys are all proving your “strength” to be able to survive 3-5 hours and function.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:30 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I think it just proves my weakness . I can’t function on less than 8.5 hours. If I sleep less than that I am a dysfunctional crazy person. So you guys are all proving your “strength” to be able to survive 3-5 hours and function.

Not strength, necessity. What would you do of you got less? If one night, you just couldn't sleep, or were up with a sick kid, and needed to take care of them the next day?

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:31 am
7-8-ish.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics