Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What does a 6 year old boy wear to his brother's bar mitzvah

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:15 am
I'm not very fashion savvy, would love some advice. He's never worn a suit yet and I don't really want to start with it at such a young age but I'm thinking maybe a velvet blazer? With what? What type of pants and what type of shirt underneath? Mandarin collar? Regular white shirt? With contrasting band under the collar or just totally white? I'm totally lost.

Thanks

flower2

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:17 am
I would do a suit at that age

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:18 am
I would so black dress pants, white collar shirt, bow tie and a black velvet blazer

Stars

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:18 am
Velvet blazer type of thing. Too young for a suit and too old for suspender pants. If you can find a beautiful shabbos sweater that can work too.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not very fashion savvy, would love some advice. He's never worn a suit yet and I don't really want to start with it at such a young age but I'm thinking maybe a velvet blazer? With what? What type of pants and what type of shirt underneath? Mandarin collar? Regular white shirt? With contrasting band under the collar or just totally white? I'm totally lost.

Thanks

All those options sound good to me. Velvet jacket with regular Shabbos pants, and white shirt, mandarin collar, contrasting band, or plain white.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:50 am
A nice wool or velvet pants with a nice sweater.
Or you can do a velvet blazer over a wool pants.
I also saw some cute plaid blazers.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:20 am
Just made a bar mitzvah a few days ago. My 6 yo son wore a new Shabbos sweater that pulls over but has fake buttons from ShirtStop (coincidentally -- or not Smile -- matching his 4 yo and 2 yo sister), with a new shirt (not mandarin collar, I don't like those under sweaters) that had the contrast trim that is popular now, and a pair of black pants. He opted to wear the silver tie (it worked well with his sweater) that he had from chassunos, but that was his decision. He looked perfectly adorable and handsome without needing to wear a suit (he actually does own a suit jacket that matches his pants, but he's always too embarrassed to wear it, so he's been wearing sweaters lately).

polka dots

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:22 am
Either a very nice shabbos sweater.

Or a blazer . I like doing different fabric pants and blazer. Same fabric can look very big boyish. Ether velvet blazer or a plaid. Whatever you find. You might get a good price on a winter one now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:30 am
Ok, I'm pretty settled on a velvet blazer now (thanks for all your replies!)
What kind of shirt does he wear with it? I don't even see any mandarin collar shirts in stock anywhere now. Is it okay if he wears a regular collar? If so, does he wear one with the colored neck and cuff (inside)?

Thanks again

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:35 am
We did chinos and a blue wool blazer with a button down shirt underneath.

If you know his size, check ebay for blazers. Lots of people selling the ones their boys wore for Xmas.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:11 am
Grey pants with black velvet blazer.
I personally like vest rather than blazer because little boys in my house tend to keep them on for longer! Once the blazer is off, he's just left with plain white shirt!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 6:52 am
Okay, as far a shirt to wear with the velvet blazer... sorry, I need so much handholding with all this but does he wear a mandarin collar even though I can't find any with contrast, so just something simple like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MOMOLAN.....53820

or do I go with the cuter, more fun shirt with the contrast, that doesn't have a mandarin collar, like these:
https://www.shirtstop.us/boys/......html

TIA

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:21 am
I think the buttons on the first option look casual. I think with a blazer, a regular collar is nice.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:04 am
For Simchas at that age I get a little kid suit that he wouldn’t wear when he’s 12

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Okay, as far a shirt to wear with the velvet blazer... sorry, I need so much handholding with all this but does he wear a mandarin collar even though I can't find any with contrast, so just something simple like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MOMOLAN.....53820

or do I go with the cuter, more fun shirt with the contrast, that doesn't have a mandarin collar, like these:
https://www.shirtstop.us/boys/......html

TIA

I like 2nd one better, like you say it's more fun and he's only 6! Wink

flowers12345

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 7:29 am
Why not a suit? and a clip on tie! He'll look so grown up and handsome Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics