Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where to go for shabbos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:07 pm
I’d like to go away for an extended weekend with DH (we don’t have kids) let’s say thurs night to Sunday night. I live in NY and I would drive up to 6/7 hours (no plane). Where can we go? I am out of ideas in the winter. The hotel would either need to have kosher food (I’m guessing that’s highly unlikely) or come with some kind of mini kitchen where I can keep food warm for shabbos. Slightly related does a home know if ocean place in NJ has kosher food year round?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:09 pm
There's kosher resteraunts year round in Deal NJ near ocean place.
Lakewood is a 35 minute drive from Deal.
You can drive up to New Hampshire for shabbos. There's plenty to do in the area. The Arlington hotel has an option for food and they also have suites with a kitchenette.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:20 pm
Arlington in NH is probably your best bet for a kosher hotel. But most if not all Residence Inns come with a decent-size kitchenette that will be more than ample for you and DH to make your own Shabbos, and will likely come out much cheaper and give you more flexibility regarding choosing a destination.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:30 pm
Bringing your own food has tons of options.

Montreal
Saratoga
Newport
Boston
Philly
DC

I can go in and in depending what you like to do but all have Shuls and suite hotels. You don’t have a tall list of requirements

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:01 pm
Another vote for NH. Thought we did not stay in the Arlington (people really spend that amount of money for 1 Shabbos) we stayed at holiday inn and picked up food from a kosher grocery store 20 minutes away. You have to preorder your food though. We brought along a crockpot warmed up the food before Shabbos and put it on the crockpot to keep warm! Was amazing!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:11 pm
Bottom line, unless you bring your own food there are almost no kosher year round hotels in the USA!
Yes, in summer (especially if you’re chassidish!) and places are rented out for yomim tovim but if a couple just wants to go away for shabbos and not worry about food... there is nothing open in the winter. Aside for Arlington.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:38 pm
What are you interested in? Sightseeing in a big city? The mountains? Quaint places? What about the Poconos, or Lake Placid, or Baltimore?

In any case, I would look into Air BnB, and bring a platta if you have one. And takeout.

Enjoy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:39 pm
Thanks so much guys!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:40 pm
What about niagara?? They do some shabbosim you have to find out which week they open.

thanks

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:25 pm
The Hilton in scranton, PA has a kosher program during yeshiva wek.
The Raleigh in fallburg is always open.
Www.Hotelsnearshuls.com will give you some ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics