Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Getting the kids out of bed (especially minyan boys)
Previous  1  2  3  4

who gets the kids up and out of bed in morn?
me  
 63%  [ 84 ]
dh  
 6%  [ 9 ]
they get up themselves  
 29%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 132

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:15 am
nchr wrote:
We're in the same circles... playgroup is 2.5 to me. My 18 month olds don't even walk yet lol.

I also assumed playgroup meant older
Two years old is still a baby
Just imagining mine waking up, dressing himself, being responsible for getting out, makes me laugh.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Oh, probably not stranger than my life is...
My elementary aged girls told me that they wish they could ask a professional how to answer people about our situation.
I guess I picked up on your unique family makeup since we have an even stranger family makeup than you can ever imagine.
Writing a book is actually a very good idea...

This is completely off topic but you're so lucky your girls are expressing that need/want! It would actually be a great idea. Call a competent therapist or life coach and have one session for all of you together to figure this out ~ problem solved! Our world does indeed freak out and ask a million questions for any family setup other than the basic "mom dad 5-8 children born in 10-18 years to same parents".

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:24 am
Mama Bear wrote:
so your 18 month olds who dont even walk yet dress themselves?
They have some magical precocious fine motor skills that most babies don't?
Please explain.

No. My 18 month olds are not in playgroup or using the toilet either and certainly wakes up whenever they want. But by 2.5 they are getting dressed themselves. And that's not advanced it is developmentally normal.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:07 pm
nchr wrote:
No. My 18 month olds are not in playgroup or using the toilet either and certainly wakes up whenever they want. But by 2.5 they are getting dressed themselves. And that's not advanced it is developmentally normal.

It's not an expectation at that age. It's part of a range of normal behavior that not all kids can be expected to reach. It's also not developmentally expected (though not considered advanced) to be toilet trained at that point. To expect a 2.5 yo to definitely be trained or change their own diaper, deal with multiple layers of clothing and get them all on after waking themselves up without parental reminding is beyond a normal level of expectation. Great if it happens to work out but for a parent to assume that all their kids will accomplish this is not reasonable.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics