Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Looking for soup recipes

mmg1

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:12 pm
I am looking for soup recipes other than basic chicken soup and vegetable soup. Recipes without chicken stock preferred.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:39 pm
Lentil soup

Sauté onions and garlic until soft. Add diced veggies like carrots, zucchini, parsnip. Lentils. Salt. Tomato paste (I use like 2 tbsp for pot soup) Cover with water and cook until lentils fall apart.

If you don’t have time to dice vegetables you can put in large chunks and blend when done.

suri63

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:41 pm
I have a few winners, which of below would you like...
Red lentil soup
Roast Veg Soup
Leek & Potato
Yum blended Veg soup
Butternut Squash Soup

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:45 pm
Mushroom thyme
Roasted garlic zuchinni
Zuchinni carrot potato (very cozy Smile )
Minestrone

Lemme know which ones to post!

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:45 pm
suri63 wrote:
Red lentil soup
Roast Veg Soup
Leek & Potato
Yum blended Veg soup
Butternut Squash Soup

Roasted vegetable, please!!!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:47 pm
This Broccoli soup is easy-
Sauté an onion. Add 4 cloves crushed garlic. Add bag of frozen broccoli. Add 2 chopped zucchini (washed but not peeled). Add one potato, peeled and chopped. Sauté till soft, add water to cover, spice with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, then simmer for at least 20 minutes. Blend and enjoy.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:47 pm
I love potato soup and tomato soup!
Both so easy..

suri63

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:07 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Roasted vegetable, please!!!

Roast Veg Soup:
1 onion, 6 carrots, 4 Zucchini unpeeled, 2 Sweet potatoes, 20 button mushrooms, 1 cup Pearl Barley. (you can try other veg of your choice)
Garlic powder/Salt/White pepper (the pepper gives it a real kick).

Dice onion and fry in a little oil. Dice all rest veggies into CUBES. ( I use the alligator chopper for nice 1cm cubes)
There are 2 ways to go further, ones with a 'short cut' so depends if you have time...
Longer way: spread all veg onto 2-3 baking trays (so only single layered) sprinkle with oil (mix around so oil spreads over veg) and bake in oven till veg are browned/roasted. (high number for about 1/2 an hour)
Quicker way: put veg into 2 separate pots (its too much for 1 pot) and fry in a little oil, turn/mix as you go along so you get the veg browned . As long as some veg have browned you get the roasted flavour so you dont have to brown them all over...
The veg doesn't need to fully softened just roasted outside.
Place all veg, Barley and flavouring into 1 pot, cover with water just a few cm more than veg, and boil till barley & veg are soft. ( I pressure cook it for about 3/4 hour, but I suppose boiling will take 1 and a half-2 hours)
Its absolutely heaven, a real winter warmer. Enjoy!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:08 pm
Split pea

shmosmom

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:15 pm
This used to be my favorite soup. It does have chicken soup, but I used water and soup mix.

Cream of Mushroom with Chicken strips

1 lb chicken breast cut in strip
1 large onion
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup flour
6 C chicken broth (or 4 C water, 1/4 c chicken soup mix)
16 Oz mushrooms
Salt
Dash of white pepper

Saute onions in oil until translucent. Add flour and mix well.
Add chicken soup & mushrooms, and cook for 1.5 hours. Blend. Add chicken strips and cook one
more hour.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:24 pm
Simply Potato Soup:

1 onion - chopper
oil, for sauteing
4 potatoes
1 sweet potato
8 C water
1 T salt
2 tsp onion soup mix
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp pepper
Directions: Saute onion in oil for 10 minutes. Peel and cube potatoes and place in the pot with water. cook for 30 minutes or until soft.
stir in remaining ingredients and cook for another 10 minutes. Blend partially, leaving chunks

mmg1

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:43 pm
suri63 wrote:
Red lentil soup
Roast Veg Soup
Leek & Potato
Yum blended Veg soup
Butternut Squash Soup

The blended veg soup, leek and potato and butternut squah sound great! If you can post the recipes plse..thank you!

mmg1

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:44 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Mushroom thyme
Roasted garlic zuchinni
Zuchinni carrot potato (very cozy Smile )
Minestrone

Lemme know which ones to post!

Mushroom thyme and zuchini carrot potato plse. Thank you!

suri63

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 3:35 pm
mmg1 wrote:
The blended veg soup, leek and potato and butternut squash sound great! If you can post the recipes plse..thank you!

Butternut Squash Soup. Fry 1 onion, add 6-7 chopped carrots large chunks is ok, 1 large butternut squash (peel and remove seeds, and chop into chunks), 1 red Pepper, garlic powder (about 1/2 tablespoon) plenty of salt. Cover with water and cook till soft, then blend.. Freezes well.

Leek & Potatoes:
Fry 1 onion, add 3 leeks (use mainly white part, if using green part you should check for insects in between the white & green joint), 4 Zucchini , chunks/not peeled.
4 medium potatoes. Cover with water and cook till soft, then blend.. Freezes well but you need to boil well for a few minutes to get back the good fresh texture (as potatoes in soup split up when frozen but ok after re-boiled).

Blended Veg Soup, dont have it on me, will try post another time! sorry....

ddmom

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 3:45 pm
Split pea soup
Mushroom barley soup

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 4:44 pm
mmg1 wrote:
Mushroom thyme and zuchini carrot potato plse. Thank you!

Sure!
MUSHROOM THYME:
-Sauté 2 onions until golden
-Add 12 sliced portobello mushroom caps until golden (or any mushrooms, portobello is my fave)
-add 4 garlic cubes, salt+pepper, 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (dry is also heaven, but you can't compare to fresh!! And if u do dry, then only do 1tsp). Cook all together slowly until onions have caramelized.
-add 5-6 cups water, and boil
-reduce heat, let simmer 20-25 min.
-blend away!

ZUCCHINI CARROT POTATO
-9 small carrots cut into circles
-6 potatoes peeled and cubed
Put in pot.
-4 zucchinis peeled and placed on top
-1 tsp onion soup mix
-water to cover
-salt+pepper
-bring to boil, and then reduce to medium heat for 20-25 min.
-removed the zucchinis, blend zucchinis, and pour back into soup

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 4:49 pm
suri63 wrote:
Roast Veg Soup:
1 onion, 6 carrots, 4 Zucchini unpeeled, 2 Sweet potatoes, 20 button mushrooms, 1 cup Pearl Barley. (you can try other veg of your choice)
Garlic powder/Salt/White pepper (the pepper gives it a real kick).

Dice onion and fry in a little oil. Dice all rest veggies into CUBES. ( I use the alligator chopper for nice 1cm cubes)
There are 2 ways to go further, ones with a 'short cut' so depends if you have time...
Longer way: spread all veg onto 2-3 baking trays (so only single layered) sprinkle with oil (mix around so oil spreads over veg) and bake in oven till veg are browned/roasted. (high number for about 1/2 an hour)
Quicker way: put veg into 2 separate pots (its too much for 1 pot) and fry in a little oil, turn/mix as you go along so you get the veg browned . As long as some veg have browned you get the roasted flavour so you dont have to brown them all over...
The veg doesn't need to fully softened just roasted outside.
Place all veg, Barley and flavouring into 1 pot, cover with water just a few cm more than veg, and boil till barley & veg are soft. ( I pressure cook it for about 3/4 hour, but I suppose boiling will take 1 and a half-2 hours)
Its absolutely heaven, a real winter warmer. Enjoy!

Yum just picked up all the ingredients!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics