Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
1  2  Next

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:30 am

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:34 am
my amazon purchases are always things I need.
I try not to impulse shop at local stores. but online shopping is usually things I cant get in local stores that I need.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:35 am
I only order something online if it's something I'd physically need to go to a store to buy. In other words, necessities only. Therefore, I'd venture to say 99.9% of the stuff I buy online are successful. I mean, how can garbage bags and detergent go wrong?

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:37 am

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:38 am

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

rising hero

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:59 am
Very often I add things to my shopping cart and leave it there for a while and then my urge to buy passes. If its really important ill order it or just end up buying locally. Even so I use amazon a lot. And I always make sure to send back the returns it often sits around a few weeks but I keep in a place where it annoys me so that I shouldnt forget about it. Why shouldnt I get a refund? All these little things add up fast.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:04 am
imanonymous wrote:
I once bought some spray to take out wrinkles (on Imamother recommendation). They're still sitting in the box Sad that's something I very well could've bought in-store.

Takes out wrinkles from clothing or face? If the latter I would have told you not to waste your money! If from clothes then push yourself to try it once. If it was recommended here then it's probably useful!

DrMom

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:29 am
I only buy things on Amazon that I cannot get locally, or that are significantly more expensive locally... and for which I have a definite use case.

I don't buy much there.

banana123

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 4:00 am
I only buy on Amazon what I cannot get locally, and only after a lot of research and weighing the various options and products. So about 99% of what I've bought on Amazon is useful to me.
I did buy one thing that is useful but I need to borrow an appliance to use it and haven't done that yet.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:09 am
I really enjoy my purchases. Sometimes the items I want are too easily available, and maybe I don't need a replacement for the kitchen item that is worn out but usable, maybe I don't need that extra belt for my wardrobe. But I always enjoy the items I buy.

There are times I buy something I want to try to fill a need, and it doesn't work out. Like a special product for acne or a specifically formulated spray for paint stains. But even if it doesn't work out, I had to try, given my need for a solution to an issue and the great reviews the product had. I would have purchased those items at a store to try too, if they had been available.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:19 am
I feel like we order something from amazon a few times a week. It’s not only me but I notice my neighbors getting frequent deliveries too.
The only reason I order from amazon is for the convenience of returns. While I do return things often I think I keep most.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:26 am
I do have the occasional thing that is a bust. But over the years I learned what pays and what doesn’t. I barely buy deals anymore unless it’s something I know I’ll use AND it’s a company I know. So by now I’d say 90-95% of what I order I know I’ll use.

flmommy

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:29 am
Close to 100%. If it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to Insend it back.

Shuly

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:31 am
Now that Amazon is free shipping to Israel, I put what I need in my cart and place the order when I have enough things that equal the $49 minimum for free shipping.
There are also free returns so the 2 things that I ordered that didn't fit, I sent back right away.

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:56 am
99%
Of it doesnt work I send it back

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:58 am

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 8:59 am

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:04 am

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:31 am
Like everyone else, most of my amazon purchases are things like tissues, flossers, toothpaste, detergent, etc....basics in the brands that my household already uses/likes.

The things I've returned are more like clothing items. For example, I ordered sweatshirts for my girls (that I plan on turning into Purim costumes with the use of iron-ons) and the sizes were totally off - they were enormous - so they are going back.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:46 am
Zehava wrote:
I do have the occasional thing that is a bust. But over the years I learned what pays and what doesn’t. I barely buy deals anymore unless it’s something I know I’ll use AND it’s a company I know. So by now I’d say 90-95% of what I order I know I’ll use.

Same. I buy when I need not based on sales.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains