Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is a silk top non lace wig?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:50 am
What is a silk top non lace wig?What is the difference between a silk top non lace wig and a lace front wig?

jflower

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:35 am
A silk top wig is a multi-directional wig that has been around for years. The top is made of silk and a white material so that you can part it anywhere you want.

Lace front is when a piece of lace is added to the front of the sheitel to make it look natural.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:54 pm
jflower wrote:
A silk top wig is a multi-directional wig that has been around for years. The top is made of silk and a white material so that you can part it anywhere you want.

Lace front is when a piece of lace is added to the front of the sheitel to make it look natural.

So the silk top none lace does not look natural?

jflower

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 3:25 pm
Of course a silk top can look natural (especially if you cut bangs) but it's a totally different look from a lace front. Try to find pics online or look at actual wigs to see the difference with your own eyes.

Earnest

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 4:43 pm
I think a silk top is the most realistic look, because the top most layer looks exactly like yr scalp. I had one with a part I wanted to make permanent. I tweezed out the hairs around the part to make the fake scalp more prominent and it was spookily convincing. A strip of transparent lace can be added JUST under/in front of the silk, and with added baby hairs added the hair line is also convincing (without bangs).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 4:53 pm
If I cut side bangs will it also look natural?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 3:08 pm
Bump

Earnest

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:51 am
Yep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels