Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
PLEASE PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:26 pm
What is wrong with people? I almost ran down a frum young married woman today who was actually crossing a busy intersection in Brooklyn while looking down at her phone! Are you really so addicted you can’t even look up to cross a busy street safely? don’t tell me we have to be giving benefit of doubt maybe it was an emergency call. Baloney. I see this constantly and point it out to my kid when they’re in the car. This is a sickness of our generation. I can’t even tell you how many times I see young mothers wheeling their babies in strollers into traffic while they’re playing with their phone. Just remember no one will be to blame but you if something happens.

The same goes if you hold a phone while you’re driving, I hope you all get a ticket before you cause something worse. My friends mother in law was killed crossing the street by a drive who was texting.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:29 pm
I think it is the challenge of this generation.

I try very hard not to touch my phone in the afternoon when I'm with the kids. It's so hard!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:58 pm
It is a problem. I make a point to put down my phone when crossing the street, EVEN if I have the right of way, because it's just not safe!

yonabets

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 4:05 am
You are so right!!!thank you for reminding us!👍

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:36 am
I thought you were going to rant about people rudely communing with their smartphones while pretending to be conversing with you, but your gripe is much more important. The former is bad manners and may cost a friendship; the latter is unsafe and could cost a life ch”v.

Laiya

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:53 am
https://www.israel21c.org/isra.....safe/

Israeli cities get savvy to keep smartphone zombies safe
LED strips on pavement edges in Tel Aviv, and 3D crosswalks in Ashkelon, alert thoroughly engrossed pedestrian phone users and distracted drivers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics