Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher meal prep service...does it exist?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:53 pm
So a new coworker mentioned that she pays someone to cook and prep meals for her. She then freezes and reheats. Does something like this exist in the frum world? Because I hate cooking (I honestly hate anything household related...why I was born female, I don’t understand), my schedule is erratic, and I would totally pay someone to come to my home and cook meals for the week.

emzod42

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:03 pm
Jamie Gellar has a new one. I don't know much about it but it's mail delivery like some of the popular nonkosher ones. It's called JChef.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So a new coworker mentioned that she pays someone to cook and prep meals for her. She then freezes and reheats. Does something like this exist in the frum world? Because I hate cooking (I honestly hate anything household related...why I was born female, I don’t understand), my schedule is erratic, and I would totally pay someone to come to my home and cook meals for the week.

There are so so many private chefs in the frum world that cook for you and freeze for you in portion amounts you need with heating instructions.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:23 pm
I do prep and Rally. You get a menu, shopping list and prep instructions for Sunday. I usually spend around 2 hours making dinner for the week and then I just reheat the food each day. I love cooking but this just makes life a billion times easier to not think about cooking each day.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:38 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I do prep and Rally. You get a menu, shopping list and prep instructions for Sunday. I usually spend around 2 hours making dinner for the week and then I just reheat the food each day. I love cooking but this just makes life a billion times easier to not think about cooking each day.

What kinds of meals are there? I'd love to see a sample menu but I can't find anything like that on the site?

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:43 pm
She gives a month free to try before you buy. Sign up and you can see the past two menus and if its not your thing you can just cancel.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 12:31 pm
I do this once a week for an elderly couple. 3 to 4 hours on Thursday.

They are vegan, and like lots of salads, so that means lots of checking and prepping. They also like home made salad dressing instead of store bought. Soup, cholent, and some kind of whole wheat/fruit dessert.

Sometimes I cook for one of my babysitting jobs. The mom is pregnant, and cooking smells make her want to throw up.

It's a lot of fun, I really enjoy cooking for people.

gold2

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 3:03 pm
there is a service for people who are not well where they cook for you and you just pay the costs of the food, possibly 10/15 shekel a portion. it's called mishkan lecholeh and they deliver in yerushalayim not sure about other areas. Not sure whether you have to qualify as unwell in order to receive though. You could ask.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 3:25 pm
It exists as well as take out.

why I was born female, I don’t understand

Because it has no kesher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen