Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How many years are you working for your company
Previous  1  2

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 4:27 pm
19 1/2 years!

Chaya123

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:05 pm
20.5 yrs

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
This is true - I’m fully vested in my 401k. But most companies do not have pensions.
I was given to stock due to my seniority - but I recently discovered that everyone has way more then me :\

But being at a job many years these days no longer guarantees security. And that scares me because I think after being at one job so long it’s harder to find something new.

Over 22 years.

For various reasons, though, I might have to leave. And finding a new job after that long is daunting.

saralem

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:24 pm
since 1988 with the same company. I do think it's a generational thing. and I've been happy almost all of that time.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
6 years. Hate my job from 2 years ago when I realized how unappreciated and dead end the job really is. Looking for something for the past few months. Previous job 10 years and left due to trying to cut down on travel. Starting fresh at my stage is so hard. I want to settle down somewhere.

Do we work in the same company? Lol
I feel the same about starting over. It is hard but in my case I think I’ll be so much happier.

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:00 pm
I only had one job. From out if highschool, (I was actually hired while I was still in school. Lol) until just over 4 years later when my first was born.

Dh worked at one place for around 4 week. It was a bad fit from the start. He found a new one within the nedt few weeks and has been at that one since, 9 years now.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:21 pm
1 y - 1st job (teacher's assistant)
10 y - 2nd job
11 y - current job (city job, switched agencies/titles once)

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 6:25 pm
I've been at my first job post graduate school for a little over 2 years. The pay isn't amazing and the work environment could be improved, but it's close to home and has flexibility in the hours when I need it. I also really enjoy what I do BH.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 7:13 pm
1job 2weeks was fired because the manager wanted his sil to work there...
2nd 2,5 months fired for no reason.
3rd more then 5years and HATED the job. switched to a property managing job. was fired 4-5months later because of reduced clients bh it happened as a week later they were sued in court because of stolen money, millions. thay were declared bankrupt.
4th I changed after a year the boss thought I was his propperty...
bh bh after all these difficulties I found my 5th and current job as a bookkeeper and was promoted to manager. 3years now bh bh!

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 8:11 pm
Same company but different positions since 1979 with breaks for kids birth !

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 9:23 pm
7 years would love to quit because my boss is a very difficult person to work for. But I work part-time in an industry that has very few part time jobs so I'm a bit stuck...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 10:34 pm
2.5 years first job out of college. 7.5 years 2nd job. On my third job, just celebrated 5 years. I’m happy at my current job, great situation as a working frum person. But I’m definitely open to finding another job if the right opportunity came along.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:56 am
Currently almost 16 years BH. Have an amazing boss and they're pretty flexible when I have to take off if kids are sick or have school performances...

My first job was 2 years. A new manager was verbally abusive. I had been working there for 2 years and he had never worked in that industry. He sweet talked his way in. I had to teach him some of his work and also had some jobs not under his jurisdiction. Her turned the owner against me claiming things I never did but he did, like instant message friends.

Second job was 6 months. The owner was also verbally abusive. He didn't pay me for a few months. Erev Sukkos my husband came to check if I was ok as it was very late and I hadn't come home. I wasn't answering the office phone. My boss yelled at my husband that he's not letting me leave till right before YT. He then threatened my husband... I left with my husband and continued for another month after YT till I got sick and had to take off. At that point, I realized it was affecting my health and never returned. Shortly after I found my current (third) job.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:08 am
2 years, then moved
5 years, company closed
9+ years currently

I would live to work in a more Jewish environment so if something comes my way... Wink

Chloe22

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 9:37 am
One job for 14 years and my last job for 20 years. Retired now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics