Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Shabbos food lakewood

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:48 pm
Any organizations or people that help with food for shabbos for poor people?

healthymom1

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:36 pm
Tomchei shabbos

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:40 pm
There are also pick up locations. Before Shabbos local stores drop off extra food and anyone can come and pickup.
There is one place on forest rd near 14th st. You can go Eruv Shabbos and help yourself. But I don’t remember the exact address.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:46 pm
healthymom1 wrote:
Tomchei shabbos

They dont do shabbos food like challah or fish

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
There are also pick up locations. Before Shabbos local stores drop off extra food and anyone can come and pickup.
There is one place on forest rd near 14th st. You can go Eruv Shabbos and help yourself. But I don’t remember the exact address.

This!
Go around an hour and a half before shabbos, 1-on 14th st between princeton and lexington(braude)
2- on forest ave corner of 14th st(englard)
You can get challos and bread there. Leftover cooked food from stores, sometimes fish and vegetables as well.
(Bring your own bags and containers so it' seasier to take ready made food!)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
This!
Go around an hour and a half before shabbos, 1-on 14th st between princeton and lexington(braude)
2- on forest ave corner of 14th st(englard)
You can get challos and bread there. Leftover cooked food from stores, sometimes fish and vegetables as well.
(Bring your own bags and containers so it' seasier to take ready made food!)

Thank you so much, was there. Wondering if there are any other places anyone may know of that would maybe have fish?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 4:32 pm
Dear OP,

I’m so sorry that you’re having a hard time now. I live in Lakewood and often cook some shabbos things for Bikur Cholim or people I know who need. If you’d like to setup an anonymous email to communicate with me I would be so happy to cook some extra and share with you when I can.

I’m posting anonymous in case you’d like such an arrangement and we meet so I can protect my online anonymity.

May your life be filled with all the brochos you need and with plentiful parnassah soon.

Good shabbos!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much, was there. Wondering if there are any other places anyone may know of that would maybe have fish?

I am so sorry for your situation. Its really tough.
I believe tomchei shabbos gives rolls of frozen gefilta fish in their shabbos pkgs.
As far as freshly made salmon or gefilte, there is not much leftover from the stores, so often there are only a few pkgs with 2 slices in each available (14th and princeton location, x know abt forest)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries