Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
UCH! UCH! UCH!
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:04 pm
Ewwwwwww, to all the above!

I always wear my hair brushed and pinned back, and I usually have a snood on as well. I still occasionally find one of my own hairs in food I've cooked at home. I am completely at a loss as to how they are getting in there! (It makes me nervous to cook for company, because what if they get one of my hairs? Surprised )

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:24 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Please put a trigger warning in your title. I was in middle of eating my dinner when I read this. Now I can’t finish it Sad I’m sure there is a whisker in my sandwich....

Lol, so sorry I ruined your dinner! You should’ve seen me running around that night yelling “uch! Uch! Uch!”

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I once had a hair in my pizza slice

That’s gross but nothing near a rodent whisker!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:26 pm
dankbar wrote:
Can't believe this! Are you for real???!! Omg!!! Are you trying to troll us! Please tell me so!

No believe me I wish it never happened! Everyone loves that bakery and now I’ve vowed not to ever buy from them again. I did let them know. And I came in with my receipt and brought back the rest of the large challah and the bilkalach I had bought, expecting to get at the very least a refund. So the guy says, “Oh so what do you want?” Duh!

DrMom wrote:
Yuck.

I wonder where the rest of the mouse is...?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:26 pm
DrMom wrote:
Yuck.

I wonder where the rest of the mouse is...?

That’s what others asked me! I shudder to think!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 12:26 pm
I went through 3 different bags of rice before Shabbos, trying to find one that wasn't infested. I keep my rice in the freezer, but as soon as I put a handful in warm water to check, the worms come right to the top. I'm so glad I check that way instead of just rinsing the rice.

As for bakeries, they make me very nervous. I was in a bakery once where a boy (about 8yo) was touching all of the chocolate bourekas, looking for the one with the most chocolate in it. He handled an entire tray, poking and squeezing them. I pointed it out to the manager, and he said "What? He's just a kid!"

I told him I would not be eating any of his mangled, germy food, and walked out. I haven't been back since, and now I won't eat anything that doesn't come in a sealed package.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics