Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls have vacation, boys don’t...
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:50 pm
simcha2 wrote:
I'll be the voice of dissent here. Take your girls.

Yes, the boys will be disappointed, but I'm sure there are times when your girls are disappointed by the things they don't get (bar mitzvah celebration, avos ubanim with prizes and pizza, an easier time in shidduchim...).

Learning to handle disappointment and be happy for someone else is an important life skill.

You don't have to rub it in, and you can leave some yummy suppers and treats for them, but take your girls and have a good time.

These things don't really correlate. A one time bar mitzvah celebration doesn't equate to the annual midwinter vacation & other countless of times the girls are off. Avos Ubanim doesn't equate to major trip or vacation either.

I know we are supposed to be raising the next Gadol Hador. But offering the boys fun only related to religious stuff, while having the girls enjoy major gashmius experiences, is not comparable. And maybe my boys are just not good boys or I haven't raised them right, but suggesting avos ubanim & yummy suppers as an exchange for taking my girls on a major trip doesn't go over too well.

Just take your kids out of cheder for 2-3 days and go have a beautiful family experience. Your husband can then help them catch up with the missing work afterwards.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:00 pm
My son in Lakewood ends early on thursday and no school friday and sunday.
My girls are off friday, monday and tuesday.
My high school girls are off on a totally different week...
I believe school do it on purpose so as not to put "pressure" on parents to go away on vacation! Banging head
I think boys up to 3rd grade should have the same calendar as girls.
It definitely is harder when you have one boy that has to go to school and 4 girls that are not going to school at all!
In my case, we'll probably try to go somewhere on sunday!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics