Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How tall is your dh? [POLL]
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

How tall is your dh?
Taller than 6 feet  
 17%  [ 83 ]
5'11 to 6 feet  
 19%  [ 92 ]
5'9 to 5'10  
 22%  [ 105 ]
5'7 to 5'8  
 20%  [ 99 ]
5'5 to 5'6  
 12%  [ 59 ]
5'3 to 5'4  
 4%  [ 22 ]
5'2 to 5'3  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Shorter than 5'2  
 1%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 473

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Lol my husband kvetches all day at how "fat" he's getting.
The dude was 125 at our wedding (he's 5'11). He now weighs 140 (B"H!!!!!!!!!!)
I smack him every time he pinches his nonexistent belly.

Haha. He stomach went from like sunken in to just flat and he’s like I never had a belly what happened!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:52 pm
BT here and I never really thought too much about this, but I'm 5'7 and so are several of the women in my immediate family. I never thought I was tall until I was a teenager moving in frum circles. Then I always felt like a towering giant! I do feel like women are shorter in more right wing circles but obviously that's completely anecdotal. No idea why.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 5:07 am
nchr wrote:
I don't look down on short people. IME 5'9 is really the threshold when a male begins to be considered short. Different circles may have different experiences.

what? lol

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 5:08 am
Ladies it is not healthy be 125 at 6'. I am just...

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
My husband is 5.11, I am 5.3.

I weigh only 10 lbs less than him. Can't Believe It
I weigh more than him he is very very skinny when I got married I was 135

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:42 am
My grandfather was six feet and five inches tall my grandmother was four feet eleven. In one pic she is standing on a step next to him

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
My grandfather was six feet and five inches tall my grandmother was four feet eleven. In one pic she is standing on a step next to him

My husband's grandparents were the same. Thank Gd he took after his grandfather.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:31 pm
nchr wrote:
I don't look down on short people. IME 5'9 is really the threshold when a male begins to be considered short. Different circles may have different experiences.

I recall you saying in past threads that you think being short is a very negative thing requiring medical intervention.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I recall you saying in past threads that you think being short is a very negative thing requiring medical intervention.

To be fair, shortness is often a sign of poor nutrition or the inability of the body to synthesize nutrition properly.
I’ve heard about many people who do go the growth hormone route for their short children, so obviously they do see it as a problem.

Laiya

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:13 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
To be fair, shortness is often a sign of poor nutrition or the inability of the body to synthesize nutrition properly.
I’ve heard about many people who do go the growth hormone route for their short children, so obviously they do see it as a problem.

It's also a sign of genetics. What

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 3:23 pm
Laiya wrote:
It's also a sign of genetics. What

It’s the poor synthesis of nutrition by the body that is genetic. And that’s what’s causing short stature.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 9:27 pm
Deleted

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 9:32 pm
nchr wrote:

Don't kid yourself. Re-read your comments on this thread. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....67198
Quote: There is no woman on this planet (probably not in the modern world) who wouldn't prefer to be 5'9 over 5'4 or even 5'5.

Also, aren't you the one who said you would never consider a shidduch for your child with someone who is below a certain height, which I forget, but in my opinion was on the taller side? I believe it was in the above thread but the post was possibly removed.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 10:38 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Also, aren't you the one who said you would never consider a shidduch for your child with someone who is below a certain height, which I forget, but in my opinion was on the taller side?

I’m not the poster you are referring to, but really, so what? Everyone has preferences. No need to shame someone for their preferences. It’s not short phobic to prefer tall. Yes believe it or not some people specifically seek a tall spouse and would like to have tall children. There are many benefits for increased height that do not exist for short stature.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:25 am
The child should decide height

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:20 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Don't kid yourself. Re-read your comments on this thread. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....67198
Quote: There is no woman on this planet (probably not in the modern world) who wouldn't prefer to be 5'9 over 5'4 or even 5'5.

Also, aren't you the one who said you would never consider a shidduch for your child with someone who is below a certain height, which I forget, but in my opinion was on the taller side? I believe it was in the above thread but the post was possibly removed.

People in IRL spoke to me after that thread and admitted they would all like to be taller (all are average or above average IRL) There is no real woman who would be happy at 5'4 and not be taller if there was a way to fix it, especially with the medical and social benefits.

Again none of that means looking down at short people - you can reach and pretend and whatever else you want. But it simply is not that and never will be.

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:23 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Right, but that doesnt mean I look down at or judge short people. Diabetes also requires medical intervention, but I don't look down at diabetics. Why do people here equate preference with judgment? Because it is not the same.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:30 am
nchr wrote:
People in IRL spoke to me after that thread and admitted they would all like to be taller (all are average or above average IRL) There is no real woman who would be happy at 5'4 and not be taller if there was a way to fix it, especially with the medical and social benefits.

Again none of that means looking down at short people - you can reach and pretend and whatever else you want. But it simply is not that and never will be.

I'm not even so tall (5'6"), and it's hard for me to find tznius skirts! Also, my husband, who is 5'11, is a short 5'11 because hes so narrow and skinny, so sometimes I feel gigantic standing next to him in heels. I'm so happy I'm not even half an inch taller. I wouldn't mind being 5'4, or 5'5.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:55 am
nchr wrote:

I guess I'm not a real woman.

I consider myself the shorter side of average in frum Ashkenazi circles, at 5'3".

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:17 am
Quote:
There is no real woman who would be happy at 5'4 and not be taller if there was a way to fix it, especially with the medical and social benefits.

What?? I am 5'1" and perfectly happy with my height, have absolutely no desire to be taller. I agree that a woman under 5 ft (and yes, I know several of those who are successful in life despite their short stature) would prefer to be taller.

Anyways, my DH is 5'5"; I know he's short and couldn't care less. I wouldn't want to be taller than him.

In my family any male 5'7" or above is considered tall! And we consider my 5'3" DD tall too.

There are a few children in the family on growth hormone because they were barely growing and were shown to be GH deficient. The goal height, as far as I'm concerned, is 5 ft for the girls and 5'4-5" for the boys.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics