Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tel Aviv with toddler

ggdm

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:53 pm
I will be spending a week in Tel Aviv in February. My husband will be working, so I will be alone with my little dragon (nearly 2 years old) for most of the day. If the weather is nice, we can just go to a playground or the beach. But do you have ideas for us for bad weather? Maybe an indoor playground, family house or a mother-child group? (sorry, don't know exactly how I would say that in English). I speak Hebrew, although it is a bit rusty. We will stay close to Dizengoff. Many thanks!

Last edited by ggdm on Sat, Jan 18 2020, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:19 pm
Groupon Tel Aviv will give you fun deals in the area. Also if you are on Facebook I think there is a group for parents in Israel.

ggdm

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 2:00 pm
Thank you. I am not on Facebook.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 2:58 pm
ggdm wrote:
I will be spending a week in Tel Aviv in February. My husband will be working, so I will be alone with my little dragon (nearly 2 years old) for most of the day. If the weather is nice, we can just go to a playground or the beach. But do you have ideas for us for bad weather? Maybe an indoor playground, family house or a mother-child group? (sorry, don't know exactly how I would say that in English). I speak Hebrew, although it is a bit rusty. We will stay close to Dizengoff. Many thanks!

I assume you don't intend to go in the water? The Mediterranean is cold in February. Even if you get a freakishly warm day, I wouldn't plan much beach activity in February.

They do have some nice playgrounds along the beachfront area, esp near the port.

israelmama

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 3:10 pm
There’s a planetarium there. I don’t know if you have a car but there’s a children’s museum in cholon- 20 minute drive from TLV. For nice weather, the yarkon park is really nice!

ggdm

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 3:40 pm
Thank you all.

DrMom, no, I do not plan on swimming. Just to experience the sand and go for a walk. Playgrounds at the port area sound good for a sunny day.

israelmama, Yarkon should also work for a nice day. I fear the planetarium will not work. He will not sit quiet, all he wants to do the whole day is run around and "sing". I do not have a car and I would be way too afraid to drive in Israel anyway.

I found a "parent-child center" which I think is what I am looking for. An indoor place with toys and space to play where you can just go anytime without needing to register or be a member:
https://he-il.facebook.com/MERKAZGEFEN/
Please tell me if I am understanding it wrong. Also, it is unfortunately quite far from where we will be staying. Maybe someone with more Hebrew skills can find something closer to Dizengoff center/port area? Probably a library or cafe with a decent play area would be enough for us. It is only a week, after all.

Teomima

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 4:58 pm
Look up ג'ימבורי or משחקייה online. Those are what indoor playgrounds are called. There's one in Weitzman City, a mall in Tell Aviv, that's part of a major local chain of indoor playgrounds called Pealton. But also right inside Dizengoff Center there's a free little indoor playground area great for babies/toddlers, it's on one of the upper floors near the Nintendo store. Also there's another play area on one of the bridge sections that has a big elephant-shaped slide and a few other play structures. It's a really awkwardly designed mall but in bad weather you can walk around and find little play corners.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 18 2020, 6:59 pm
Little dragon?
I was only in Tel Aviv for two days, I did shuk hakarmel (great food in and around there) and a street art tour (not too much walking, may be able to push stroller).
Enjoy!

ggdm

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:33 pm
Thank you very much Teomima! That is what I was looking for. I will search a bit more with these keywords when I have time. The mall is definitely close and we can always go there. My sanity will be saved!

amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Little dragon?

I am the big dragon (see my picture), so my child will of course be a (sweet, gentle, harmless and loved) little dragon Smile

I have been to Tel Aviv a few times (and don't like it too much). I need to occupy not so much myself, but the little one who absolutely needs hours of running around, preferably with other kids. On vacation at home I need to go with him to playground, library or open children group or we all go crazy after two days. He should have been born as one of 10 boys, not alone to an old mother. We will have family sightseeing after the business trip part. Somewhere nicer in the North (not decided yet - I'm open for ideas, if you like).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics