Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going on Vacation myself?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:10 am
My schedule and dh schedule dont coordinate this year, and I desperately need to get away for a few days. Would you fly to fl or anywhere else alone? I'm from ny....

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:14 am
I know many ladies who go with friends instead of with their husband. My DH actually told me many times to do this, I just don't have any good friends who would want to go with me.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:20 am
Once upon a time I felt it was common.

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:22 am
I would love it!

Go to a spa with good kosher food nearby.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:28 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I know many ladies who go with friends instead of with their husband. My DH actually told me many times to do this, I just don't have any good friends who would want to go with me.

Yup me too

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:04 am
I traveled alone a lot before I got married. Would do it again when my kids are a bit older if DH couldn't come with me.
He already has mentioned that I should, but my youngest is only 2 1/2 .

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:10 am
I’m
Traveling in Florida alone
On the plane I met three chassidic woman traveling alone they left kids at home

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:46 am
Always wanted to do this but was afraid of being a woman alone in a hotel room. I feel very uneasy and unsafe. Although I’d love to go away for some solitude.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Always wanted to do this but was afraid of being a woman alone in a hotel room. I feel very uneasy and unsafe. Although I’d love to go away for some solitude.

Yes!!!
I don’t have fear
But my husband can’t understand me
Feels hurt
So for now it’s just a dream

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:02 am
I'd like to. Money is an issue now and though I'm comfortable being in my own hotel room, but alone in the hotel feels like a bit much. I'd love to go to that 5 day Puerto Rico women's only retreat. That would give me the best of both worlds with my own hotel room. I may just take a week off and stay home for some luxurious daytime solitude.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I'd like to. Money is an issue now and though I'm comfortable being in my own hotel room, but alone in the hotel feels like a bit much. I'd love to go to that that 5 day Puerto Rico women's only retreat. That would give me the best of both worlds with my own hotel room. I may just take a week off and stay home for some luxurious daytime solitude.

When is that? Hi

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
When is that? Hi

I guess it's today.
https://www.gocrossroad.com/rejuve-wellness

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:06 am
I used to do more things alone, but now I have young kids, so can't can't really get away in the same way. If you can do it, I say go for it! Pick a place where you'll feel safe as a solo traveler and do what you want to do! It's very freeing to be on your schedule and do what you want to do!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I guess it's today.
https://www.gocrossroad.com/rejuve-wellness

Awesome
Right now I need to get away without any people around
All by myself

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:19 am
I've done it
Miami is a good choice if you just want a quiet relaxing getaway and would enjoy relaxing at the beach. Easy to walk to get kosher food, and so so many other frum people around that you won't feel uncomfortable to sit in a restaurant by yourself or pick up food to take back to the hotel because you don't stand out at all with all the globs of people. As long as you are in a nice hotel, use the chain lock on the door and no reason you should feel unsafe.
Women go away solo on business trips all the time!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:26 am
I go on vacation by myself (not even w/ friends- really by myself) about twice a year. Usually 3-4 day trips. I don’t get much “me time” at home so this is my recharge. I love it.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My schedule and dh schedule dont coordinate this year, and I desperately need to get away for a few days. Would you fly to fl or anywhere else alone? I'm from ny....

My parents live in Florida, and I try to get away every year for a couple of days, just me and my youngest. Last year my husband came with the rest of the kids for shabbos. This year I am not going now because one of my kids is sick. I’m thinking to maybe go some time in February. I don’t even want to go with friends, I just want to go myself (with my daughter) and sit on the couch and read read read!!!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:36 am
Going on vacation with dh isnt an option. Child care is only part of the problem.

I went on vacation twice with my sister. It was amazing. I can back refreshed. My family, especially DH, missed me and appreciated me while I was gone.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Going on vacation with dh isnt an option. Child care is only part of the problem.

I went on vacation twice with my sister. It was amazing. I can back refreshed. My family, especially DH, missed me and appreciated me while I was gone.

Ideas of places you've gone?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:53 am
OP, what about a shabbaton like Ohr Nava where women go by themselves? Of course there are couples and girls but plenty of women either with groups or solo. They give the food, hotel is rented out, and you can lounge around and eat all Shabbos without actually going to any of the speeches. Ask to share a room with another married woman your age going solo. I did that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics