Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How tall is your dh? [POLL]
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

How tall is your dh?
Taller than 6 feet  
 17%  [ 83 ]
5'11 to 6 feet  
 19%  [ 92 ]
5'9 to 5'10  
 22%  [ 105 ]
5'7 to 5'8  
 20%  [ 99 ]
5'5 to 5'6  
 12%  [ 59 ]
5'3 to 5'4  
 4%  [ 22 ]
5'2 to 5'3  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Shorter than 5'2  
 1%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 473

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:19 am
nchr wrote:
People in IRL spoke to me after that thread and admitted they would all like to be taller (all are average or above average IRL) There is no real woman who would be happy at 5'4 and not be taller if there was a way to fix it, especially with the medical and social benefits.

Again none of that means looking down at short people - you can reach and pretend and whatever else you want. But it simply is not that and never will be.

This is so so foreign to me. I'm around that height and never ever thought about wanting to be taller. I can hear people not wanting to be excessively below or above average -but even then there's no blanket rule- I'm sure there are many in that range who are happy with how Hashem made them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:24 am
I’m surprised that 6 people wrote that their husbands are under 5”2.
I’m only 5ft (married to a very tall person) and being short is definitely hard for me. I’m assuming it’s even harder for a man to be very short.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:32 am
My husband is 5”7.5 and he’s the tallest in his family. I thought he was short and he has since enlightened me that he is average. Whoops. My bad.

The men in my family (and some of the women) are much taller than that. My mother is 5’8” and a lot of her friends are a similar height. But they are TALL. I’m 5’4”, which is a great height. I used to want to be taller, not because I felt short, I just thought I should be taller because everyone else in my family is. I have some friends who are 5’9”. Great for them, but no one else wants to be their height. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
My husband is 5”7.5 and he’s the tallest in his family. I thought he was short and he has since enlightened me that he is average. Whoops. My bad.

The men in my family (and some of the women) are much taller than that. My mother is 5’8” and a lot of her friends are a similar height. But they are TALL. I’m 5’4”, which is a great height. I used to want to be taller, not because I felt short, I just thought I should be taller because everyone else in my family is. I have some friends who are 5’9”. Great for them, but no one else wants to be their height. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I really don’t think 57.5 in a man is average- it’s definitely on the short side. Even this poll would suggest that.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:40 pm
nchr wrote:
People in IRL spoke to me after that thread and admitted they would all like to be taller (all are average or above average IRL) There is no real woman who would be happy at 5'4 and not be taller if there was a way to fix it, especially with the medical and social benefits.

Again none of that means looking down at short people - you can reach and pretend and whatever else you want. But it simply is not that and never will be.

HUH? I'm 5'4.5" and I love my height. Would not want to be taller or shorter. I think I'm the perfect height where I appear tall'ish, especially in heels, but am not too tall to be logistically complicated or appear unfeminine.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:46 pm
My husband claims he is 5.8, even his drivers license says so. I keep telling him I don't believe that. Now, my son is 5.6-7 & is taller than my husband, go figure.

Btw on my ID they also put down 5.6 & I am only 5 4.5.

In my community under 5.8 for male is considered short. 5.8 is considered normal/average ( although there are many tall men but 5.8 is not considered problematic so to speak) Therefore on my son's resume his listed height is 5.8 because typically average height girls don't want men shorter than that.

My height at 5.4 is considered average.

I think today's girls are shorter because they are developing & maturing faster so they stop growing at an earlier age.

As for frum people ( especially in certain communities) being shorter, I would attribute that to the fact that the Boys/bochurim/men sit long hours to learn, don't excercise, jog, go to gym or play any sports etc.

Those tall black men are great basket ball players ( reaching for greater height lol)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics