Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How many of us go to hotel for Pesach?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 3:12 pm
And which program?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 3:14 pm
Me. BH!!

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 3:15 pm
I am the Pesach program. Whole family comes to us. Never been to a hotel.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 3:18 pm
I wish we can go.

We don’t have normal family to go to and have been making Pesach home since day one. At this point I’d like to get a break but it’s so so expensive.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 4:08 pm
Bh no, I dislike seriously being away on pessach, expensive and restrictive

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 4:19 pm
I make a pesach hotel in my house and we have lots of guests.
I probably spend almost as much as it would cost to go away so it’s not the money. (I hire lots of cleaning help and spend lots on an overload of food and entertainment and clothing!) my dh just loves being in his own home for pesach and the truth is, I love my own bed/bedroom and being able to walk downstairs in my robe!
Hotels sound fun and we’ve gone for vacation but not for pesach.. not happening.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 4:40 pm
I can imagine spending Sukkos in a hotel but can’t imagine making a Pesach Seder in a hotel dining room. But guess each to their own.

littleprincess

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:16 pm
Hotel mama !! So far every year since I was born . My parents love when we come. We still clean our house and take out all chometz . We bring along lots of pessach food cos here it's cheaper and I love cooking together with my mother .

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:09 pm
We go away to Israel and eat by a friends for Seder and eat out. It’s our one big vacation but for me it’s so worth it since we have no frum family.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:19 pm
I'm soo jealous. I wish I could afford it. Life has been very hard for my family the last few years and I wish I could go away. How do you people afford $4,000 a person?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:26 pm
Cant imagine

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 6:57 pm
We stay home. Sometimes host.
My ideal would be hiring a cleaning crew, a chef, waiters and having a hotel experience right here at home. (I should throw in a nanny too).

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:04 pm
My friend went to a program last year that was technically Kosher but not well run. They would serve a fleishig meal for Shalos Seudos and then have a milchig Melave Malka just three hours later. I don't envy her.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:05 pm
You can not begin to understand, or try to understand , the reasons people go to pesach hotels. Many different scenarios...a sick parent, an overworked mother or father on the brink of snapping, those who make this their one and only vacation for the year, mom's and dads who have gotten divorced, people who have tremendous families and have endless nachas seeing the whole family together, people who work like dogs the whole year and earn decent parnassah and want to fargin themselves the work...it's like a five week vacation at least, preparing for pesach takes 4 weeks, and pesach itself one week.

It does not cost 4000 a person. Many programs are less. I know for a fact, some are approximately 2500 a person, some even less. Definitely alot of money. For some people, it's a lifeline, their sanity, it preserves their shalom bayis, keeps them from needing to pay 1000's to a therapist, keeps them off anxiety meds...and the list goes on. You never will ever know. Each and every person there has a story, not necessarily a bad one..

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:05 pm
Deleted double post

Reality

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:13 pm
Why are so many people responding to OP about their fake "hotel" at home experience? If you don't go don't respond! Seems so rude to me.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
You can not begin to understand, or try to understand , the reasons people go to pesach hotels. Many different scenarios...a sick parent, an overworked mother or father on the brink of snapping, those who make this their one and only vacation for the year, mom's and dads who have gotten divorced, people who have tremendous families and have endless nachas seeing the whole family together, people who work like dogs the whole year and earn decent parnassah and want to fargin themselves the work...it's like a five week vacation at least, preparing for pesach takes 4 weeks, and pesach itself one week.

It does not cost 4000 a person. Many programs are less. I know for a fact, some are approximately 2500 a person, some even less. Definitely alot of money. For some people, it's a lifeline, their sanity, it preserves their shalom bayis, keeps them from needing to pay 1000's to a therapist, keeps them off anxiety meds...and the list goes on. You never will ever know. Each and every person there has a story, not necessarily a bad one..

This. It’s true there are many many high end programs (that cost more than 4K a person) but there are also many mid price programs where it’s still a luxury but not so out of reach. The latter is for us. I always say it’s not a weeks vacation, it’s a month. I am fortunate to go away but yes it’s the only luxury I allow myself. No cleaning help year round, no manicures , I hardly but buy clothes or get my Shaitel done. But Pesach is a treat. It’s an experience and it’s time for the whole family to spend together, enjoying a new place and in a stress free environment.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I'm soo jealous. I wish I could afford it. Life has been very hard for my family the last few years and I wish I could go away. How do you people afford $4,000 a person?

They have programs for $1,500-2,000 each

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:19 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]They have programs for $1,500-2,000 each[/quote

Where?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:22 pm
[quote="amother [ Smokey ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They have programs for $1,500-2,000 each[/quote