Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do most yeshivish women continue to conceive after age 35?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:37 pm
37 yrs old now currently on pregnancy #8 (1 was a mis, I have 6 kids). I always thought I’d have kids till age 40 but I’m extremely weak and tired with this one, really feeling out of it. I’ll have to see if I’m up to another one after this.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:45 pm
I had my 5th at 36. 37 now and dying for one more but DH says we have to focus on raising our kids now. It’s just so hard for me to think I’ll never give birth, nurse, and be home with a newborn again. I love love that stage. I like to think that I’m still young enough to convince DH to have one more- but the truth is we are getting older and maybe bringing one more into the mix is hard. But yes, people do having Babies till early 40s now.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:43 am
I'm a chassidishe bubbe in my 40s typing with one hand because I'm nursing my baby. I spent some time resting in aishes chayil with kimpeturin bubbes like me, in their 40s, chassidish and yeshivish. We even had a 50 year old, a bubbe of a 10 year old!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:44 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I'm a chassidishe bubbe in my 40s typing with one hand because I'm nursing my baby. I spent some time resting in aishes chayil with kimpeturin bubbes like me, in their 40s, chassidish and yeshivish. We even had a 50 year old, a bubbe of a 10 year old!

Mazal Tov!
Confused. Was the 50 yr old there as a mother, or as a visiting grandmother. ( I didn't know it was biologically possible to be a mom at 50 without intervention.)

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:00 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Mazal Tov!
Confused. Was the 50 yr old there as a mother, or as a visiting grandmother. ( I didn't know it was biologically possible to be a mom at 50 without intervention.)
She was there as a mother to her very own child she conceived naturally, carried to term, delivered naturally and is nursing her baby!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do most yeshivish and chassidish women continue to conceive after age 35?
why nor?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 2:24 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Mazal Tov!

As long as menopause hasn't hit - and women can wait until 57 to hit menopause - it's always possible to get pregnant and carry to term. Unlikely, but possible.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:47 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Starting at age 35, a pregnant woman is classified as advanced maternal age (aka geriatric pregnancy).

that's 40 and even being rethought as more and more of them happen, and BH women are youthful and healthy at 40

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:47 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Mazal Tov!

lolololol

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I had my 5th at 36. 37 now and dying for one more but DH says we have to focus on raising our kids now. It’s just so hard for me to think I’ll never give birth, nurse, and be home with a newborn again. I love love that stage. I like to think that I’m still young enough to convince DH to have one more- but the truth is we are getting older and maybe bringing one more into the mix is hard. But yes, people do having Babies till early 40s now.

I'm pregnant with my first now and honestly cannot relate at all to the sentiments expressed on this site. People are so excited to have kids whereas I feel like Ill be so happy to hear a rav say that I don't have to try anymore. Is something wrong with me? I want to feel the way that all of you do. Does something change after you have a baby?

Hakol Letovah

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:52 pm
OP, You are expecting FIRST. wait and see how you feel after. if you feel you cant handle more, you will discuss with your husband, therapist and Rav, if you dont want I am sure you will get a heter. I feel you may want once the new arrival bring you a special gift you have not experienced yet. No need to decide now.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:12 pm
Ruchel wrote:
that's 40 and even being rethought as more and more of them happen, and BH women are youthful and healthy at 40

In America the classification starts at 35.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I'm pregnant with my first now and honestly cannot relate at all to the sentiments expressed on this site. People are so excited to have kids whereas I feel like Ill be so happy to hear a rav say that I don't have to try anymore. Is something wrong with me? I want to feel the way that all of you do. Does something change after you have a baby?

Yes! Your whole life! Every thing you think you know you realize you don’t. Children teach you so much. Idealism fades and is replaced by love. You forget the sickness and aches. 😉 I said I was having an only child by my first. Hatzlacha. Bshaa tova

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

The thread is asking about women who do conceive, so it's more likely that those are the women who are responding to this thread, than those who did not.

thanks

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:35 pm
Ruchel wrote:
My great great.. grandmother had her last when her first was a grandmother Smile

And how old was she?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics