Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Myrtle Beach

proudmomma

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:55 pm
Hi! Anyone ever been and could share some tips? I'd love to hear about the hotel & any helpful kosher food info. Thanks!

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:56 pm
There is a large grocery store with some kosher items. The people at Chabad are wonderfully nice. There are many activities for kids. We did not love it, but the kids had a great time. There are literally activities wherever you look.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
There is a large grocery store with some kosher items. The people at Chabad are wonderfully nice. There are many activities for kids. We did not love it, but the kids had a great time. There are literally activities wherever you look.
why didn’t you like it?
What’s the best way to get around? What can I do with teens?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
why didn’t you like it?
What’s the best way to get around? What can I do with teens?

Our kids are not teens yet, but we took along my sister and DH's sister (both teens). There are a lot of mini golfing options and a large ferris wheel. We went to the Brookgreen Gardens one day and everyone enjoyed that. Honestly, it is a great family friendly destination and definitely more budget friendly than a place like Orlando so I recommend it.

What I didn't like was the crowds of people and the type of people that I saw that. The frum people we met who live there were amazing, but I felt like I constantly needed to check my pockets and pocket book with the tourists (but it could have been the time I was there).

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

proudmomma

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:31 pm
amother pewter wrote:
Our kids are not teens yet, but we took along my sister and DH's sister (both teens). There are a lot of mini golfing options and a large ferris wheel. We went to the Brookgreen Gardens one day and everyone enjoyed that. Honestly, it is a great family friendly destination and definitely more budget friendly than a place like Orlando so I recommend it.

What I didn't like was the crowds of people and the type of people that I saw that. The frum people we met who live there were amazing, but I felt like I constantly needed to check my pockets and pocket book with the tourists (but it could have been the time I was there).

What time of year did you go? Were you there over Shabbos?
What hotel did you stay in& would you recommend it?
Thank you!

proudmomma

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 2:32 pm
Bump

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 2:35 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 2:55 pm
It's a great place to go during the week in nice weather. May through July is best. August is already hurricane season and you do not want to get stuck (like I did many years ago Laugh ).

Only stay for shabbos if you enjoy being in a hotel room. We ordered food from the shop for shabbos and during the week we used a lot of our own food.

We rented a boat which was so much fun! Lots to do there. Stay in a good rated hotel on the beach.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:03 am
ra_mom wrote:
It's a great place to go during the week in nice weather. May through July is best. August is already hurricane season and you do not want to get stuck (like I did many years ago Laugh ).

Only stay for shabbos if you enjoy being in a hotel room. We ordered food from the shop for shabbos and during the week we used a lot of our own food.

We rented a boat which was so much fun! Lots to do there. Stay in a good rated hotel on the beach.

Did you have a kitchen where you stayed ? How did you heat up the food over Shabbos ? Is there a Chabad area that has meals ?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Did you have a kitchen where you stayed ? How did you heat up the food over Shabbos ? Is there a Chabad area that has meals ?

There was some sort of kitchen but all we used were our own items; hot plate for shabbos and George Foreman for weekday.

Looks like it's already hurricane season, so keep that in mind and plan well.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:12 am
Bump.. any one else have info? Is there enough kosher food options? Is going to beach with DH an option? Any point in going there if not?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics