Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Preschool Bullying

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:26 pm
Hi. My 4YO son is being bullied by one particular kid in his class. I was told by the teacher that that child is very hard to get through. How do I teach my child to defend himself?
DS starts the morning happy but soon as the bus arrives he cries and doesn’t want to go to school.

lilies

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:43 pm
Teacher needs to be on top of this. That kid needs to be stopped now.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:54 pm
Yes yes yes!!!

healthymom1

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:27 pm
Poor boy! Be clear with the teacher principal and the kids mother. The other child shouldn't be allowed free range if he acts that way.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:33 pm
A preschooler should not have to be taught how to defend himself. The teacher needs to step up to the plate and put a stop to the bullying. That's all.

So frustrating Hug

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
A preschooler should not have to be taught how to defend himself. The teacher needs to step up to the plate and put a stop to the bullying. That's all.

So frustrating Hug

I was bullied in preschool. I still have scars from it today. I had classmates who tried to choke me to death. It is a teacher's job to deal with it. Yes, yes, YES!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 7:17 pm
holy cow we are talking preschool?!!
The teacher must step in!
and must stop it! and if teacher cannot stop it then either the class needs a new teacher (if teacher is incompetent) or the school must be notified to remove the bully (if the bully child is really that difficult even for the most experienced teacher )
but it cannot just continue like that. your poor child, keep him home until this is resolved.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:27 pm
Thanks for your input! The teacher didn’t actually see it happening but my older son did witness it on the bus one day. The teacher will look out for it closely. He also mentioned that my son is well liked by the kids in the class, not sure if the helps...

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:28 pm
What kind of bullying?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:36 pm
Name calling basically. My son used to make accidents #2 in school the beginning of the year... so he’s basing it off that a lot.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Name calling basically. My son used to make accidents #2 in school the beginning of the year... so he’s basing it off that a lot.

Is this happening on the bus, with an older sibling l present? If so, try this: let's say bully says "stupid baby. You're a stupid baby." Your two boys should laugh loudly and shout back, "you're right! I'm a stupid baby! Its so much fun being a stupid baby! Even our Abba is a stupid baby, he loves it!" Bully will get confused and probably try another name calling. Repeat the same response. This really works- the bully will stop. You can role play at home- you be the bully, and they practice responding. It's very helpful to have an older sibling to team up with.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Is this happening on the bus, with an older sibling l present? If so, try this: let's say bully says "stupid baby. You're a stupid baby." Your two boys should laugh loudly and shout back, "you're right! I'm a stupid baby! Its so much fun being a stupid baby! Even our Abba is a stupid baby, he loves it!" Bully will get confused and probably try another name calling. Repeat the same response. This really works- the bully will stop. You can role play at home- you be the bully, and they practice responding. It's very helpful to have an older sibling to team up with.

Thanks for the idea! They are only on the bus together Fridays but I’ll definitely try it.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the idea! They are only on the bus together Fridays but I’ll definitely try it.

If he has a friend who is confident, that would make a good team mate too. It can be even more simple- if bully says "stupid baby. You're a stupid baby." They can chant loudly "I'm a stupid baby, I'm a stupid baby, I'm a stupid baby..."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers