Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Dark vs light sheitels

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:16 pm
My sheitel is pretty light brown and I went to my sheitel lady in order to wash/set my sheitel. She told me that the color was too light and that I should darken my sheitel so that my face doesn't look washed out. She told me that a darker look is younger/fresher looking and that she wanted to darken the time and put lighter streaks on the bottom. I'm a bit unsure what to do. Advice?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:33 pm
Wear whatever color makes you happy when you look in the mirror. You are the one who has to live with it, not her. Don't let anyone try to persuade you otherwise. Remember, this is her business, and she is going to charge you a lot of money for a color change.

If you want, you can try a few dark tones blended in, and see how you feel about it. Better yet, ask to try on a few different colors, and look at the sheitels under different lights before you commit to changing your own sheitel.

If you go darker, you can't go lighter later on because bleach will ruin the hair. Remember, once you go brown, you can't back down. Once you go black, you'll never go back! Lady

meme6

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:36 pm
I’m light and a darker sheitel made me look beyond white I had to then pay to dye it lighter !! Try in a darker sheitel before Making a decision!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:39 pm
Can you lighten once you make it dark?

meme6

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 3:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you lighten once you make it dark?

Sure with paying to have it dyed lighter

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:34 pm
NO!! I’m ashey blonde and my Shaitel macher said the same and that if she doesn’t make it dark I’ll complain.... I am miserable with what she did to my wig. It’s beautiful but it is so not me. I hate it and avoid wearing it. Wear what you like and what you feel comfortable with. Once you start dying a wig it never ends.

bouncy

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:39 pm
just went for a sheitel- I'm going darker to match my brows

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:50 pm
Too dark makes you look washed out. So does too light! It needs to be the perfect balance.
A wig can not be dyed lighter once it's too dark. You can only add highlights which adding too much isn't the best for the hair's integrity.
What your SM wants to sounds like rooting with highlights. That may be a good idea. Rooting is less harsh than a full dark color.
Ask her to show you pictures of what she has in mind. And if possible try on a wig in a similar color so you can see if you like it.

solo

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:55 pm
The woman who cut my wig said the same. So she rooted it. Now it’s a really beautiful ombré/ color melt. The wig looks gorgeous. But I hate how pale I look with the dark by my face. I only ever wear it when I get a spray tan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels