Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
NFL championship games

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:46 pm
Who's watching today?

I have a bet with DH that it's gonna be cheifs and 49ers going to the Superbowl.

I love the NFL playoffs- so much exciting entertainment!

Any other fans?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 12:49 pm
Me!! I love football! I also love non-Patriots football - I'm a Jet fan Banging head

I'd put my bets on the 49ers and the Chiefs because those are the safe bets, but I really think the Chiefs might be in trouble. Their defense can't stop the run and Derrick Henry has been a beast. That's how the Titans have been winning - if you can run the ball and keep the clock moving, you shorten the game and don't give the other team that many drives.

The only way the Chiefs win is if Mahomes pulls off several chunk plays for TDs, so that the Chiefs maximize their drives instead of taking a long time.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:08 pm
Another fan here, also super thrilled that there are no Patriots this year Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:24 pm
Oh gosh this game is getting close! Can't Believe It

Mahomes is really sick what can I say.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:59 am
Well, I guess I was wrong. The Chiefs won with only one really big chunk play to Watkins. That TD run by Mahomes was amazing!

I was rooting for the Chiefs and Packers, but I was pretty sure SF was going to with the NFC game. Aaron Rodgers is just not the same guy. Age and injuries have taken their toll - he looks like he's limping all the time and he can't put as much of his body into his throws as he used to (although he's always been able to sling it off his back foot). It's a shame that the game was a laugher, though.

Let's go Mahomes, take it all the way!

grace413

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:11 am
So why are you all anon? What's such a secret about liking football?

I'm going to go with KC for the win in the Super Bowl.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:03 am
The cheerleaders make me feel like it’s inappropriate so no I don’t watch. I only watch sports that don’t have almost naked dancers.

rgh

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 9:22 am
Yeah the NFC game was ridiculous although GB did pick up a bit at the end. Their defense doesn't really seem that great; they let SF score nearly every possession!

I'm for KC to the Supebowl! Go Mahomes and the Chiefs; he is really sick, the up and coming Tom Brady!
(I kinda miss the Pats.... don't kill me. TMI )

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 9:42 am
grace413 wrote:
So why are you all anon? What's such a secret about liking football?

I'm going to go with KC for the win in the Super Bowl.

Everyone IRL knows that I'm a sports fan. It's unusual in my circles and would give me away in a second.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 9:43 am
rgh wrote:
Yeah the NFC game was ridiculous although GB did pick up a bit at the end. Their defense doesn't really seem that great; they let SF score nearly every possession!

I'm for KC to the Supebowl! Go Mahomes and the Chiefs; he is really sick, the up and coming Tom Brady!
(I kinda miss the Pats.... don't kill me. TMI )

WHAT?!?! You miss those cheating NFL-wreckers?! We're well and truly rid of them!!

LOL

Seriously, though, I'm so glad the reign of Patriots domination seems to be over. It really looked like it wouldn't end, as recently as the middle of the season when the Patriots were 8-0.

rgh

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
WHAT?!?! You miss those cheating NFL-wreckers?! We're well and truly rid of them!!

LOL

Seriously, though, I'm so glad the reign of Patriots domination seems to be over. It really looked like it wouldn't end, as recently as the middle of the season when the Patriots were 8-0.

LOl I said don't lynch me. TMI

Now maybe, just maybe my darling Giants will pick up next season. Although they forfeited first overall pick. Maybe Joe Judge can work some magic.

What team are you a fan of?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:19 am
rgh wrote:
LOl I said don't lynch me. TMI

Now maybe, just maybe my darling Giants will pick up next season. Although they forfeited first overall pick. Maybe Joe Judge can work some magic.

What team are you a fan of?

Jets are my number one team, but I'm a Giant fan, too.

My grandfather is a Jet fan and my father is a Giant fan. My grandfather got to me first, but since my Jets have been so bad for so long, I figured I needed to take up another team. Smile (I was nine years old when this happened, don't shoot me!) And look, I got two Super Bowl victories out of it!

Joe Judge can't make apple pie out of stale apples. Both NY teams have yet to learn that the NFL is won between the trenches, on the offensive and defensive lines. Good pass protection and pass rush. Darnold and Jones won't go anywhere if they're not protected!

See what Deshaun Watson did this year with Laremy Tunsil as his LT? See what the Titans accomplished this year? That's offensive line for you.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:23 am
I was quite disappointed in yesterday’s games.
For the 4 best teams of the season, I expected some more drama, better plays, and better defenses.
Meh, just the food we ordered was interesting 😀

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
For the 4 best teams of the season, I expected some more drama, better plays, and better defenses.

Watching Patrick Mahomes play is a pure pleasure.

rgh

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:27 am
Jets are my number one team, but I'm a Giant fan, too.

My grandfather is a Jet fan and my father is a Giant fan. My grandfather got to me first, but since my Jets have been so bad for so long, I figured I needed to take up another team. Smile (I was nine years old when this happened, don't shoot me!) And look, I got two Super Bowl victories out of it!

Joe Judge can't make apple pie out of stale apples. Both NY teams have yet to learn that the NFL is won between the trenches, on the offensive and defensive lines. Good pass protection and pass rush. Darnold and Jones won't go anywhere if they're not protected!

See what Deshaun Watson did this year with Laremy Tunsil as his LT? See what the Titans accomplished this year? That's offensive line for you.

Crying Banging head

rgh

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:30 am
Watching Patrick Mahomes play is a pure pleasure.

amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

He's sick!!! That TD yesterday was "out of this world!"

But yeah, I did think there would be more drama and closer scoring. 35-24 and 37-20 is pretty boring.

Hope the Superbowl is more exciting.

STMommy

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 9:08 pm
Yay, more frum female football fans!

Hooray
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics