Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Nead easy supper ideas

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:02 am
That are one pan or throw in the oven and forget about it. I bh have a few little kids and come home from work with all of them and have to make supper at the same time. Can’t really cook at night because I usually work at night. Sunday’s are my errands and laundry day, also busy with kids....
I’ve been doing baked spiced chicken on bone, Shnitzel, pizza on repeat so we really need new simple ideas!
Thank you!

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:17 am
Oh boy! This is my thing:

1) make taco meat and meat sauce in bulk when ground beef is on sale and freeze it in the size container that fills your family for one night. Then just defrost in the morning and serve with pasta/ rice and taco shells if you're fancy. Can also be used for meat pizza. Cut up veggies for extra credit.

2) in a pan: potatoes(I use canned)/rice/ quinoa, chicken legs, spices or sauce of your choice (be creative)

3)(frozen) falafel and pita

4) scrambled eggs and pita and cut up veggies

5) spiced /sauces chicken cutlets cut up and served with wraps or pita and salads. Or you can cut up before cooking.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:39 am
Put up dinner in a crock pot in the morning.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 6:11 am
I prep and marinate chicken in a bag in the freezer. Then you just need to cost it in crumbs, spray with oil and bake with a veggie.

icare4eo

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 6:21 am
Chicken
spice it with salt paprika black pepper onion powder garlic powder, duck sauce and water fill to almost the top, flavor seeps into chicken and everyone loves it! It's the easiest thing. I can cut up potatoes and sweet potatoes and put it in same pan
Bake it for a couple hrs covered
Enjoy its delicious and super easy

sky

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 6:38 am
I discovered this while dieting and it makes the easiest suppers

I buy large packages of thin cutlets (on sale) and freeze separated.

If I remember I defrost in advance. Otherwise I bake frozen.

On Cookie sheet place chicken with choice of spices - lemon garlic, Montreal steak seasoning, Smokey paprika, soy sauce. Fill other 1/2 baking sheet (or another sheet depending on # ppl) with frozen vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, sugar snaps, peppers, stir fry veggie mix. Spice veggies.
Spray it all with Pam. Broil 10 minutes flipping in middle.

For kids I throw in some French fries.

Marathon

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:58 am
Check https://betweencarpools.com/recipes/ they have super easy and delicious one pan recipes

chatz

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:08 am
I bought an instant pot for this reason, but it's still sitting in the box Can't Believe It .

All great tips above

One thing I do is cook a big pot of pasta or brown rice at some point in the week. Then I use it as a side dish throughout the week (in various forms).

Broiled frozen veggies go very well with my kids. Add a little oil and spices (salt, pepper, garlic, paprika) and broil til slightly blackened.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:17 am
bargainlover wrote:
That are one pan or throw in the oven and forget about it. I bh have a few little kids and come home from work with all of them and have to make supper at the same time. Can’t really cook at night because I usually work at night. Sunday’s are my errands and laundry day, also busy with kids....
I’ve been doing baked spiced chicken on bone, Shnitzel, pizza on repeat so we really need new simple ideas!
Thank you!

How much time do you have for the food to cook once it's in the oven? I make almost everything in there and would be happy to share ideas. Do you prefer boneless and ground proteins that need maybe 25 minutes to bake or do you have time for 1.25 hour bone-in chicken and 2.5 hour meat?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:38 am
ra_mom wrote:
How much time do you have for the food to cook once it's in the oven? I make almost everything in there and would be happy to share ideas. Do you prefer boneless and ground proteins that need maybe 25 minutes to bake or do you have time for 1.25 hour bone-in chicken and 2.5 hour meat?

Thanks so much!

I have about 2 hours from when I come home till we serve dinner

PP31419

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:45 am
Get Brooklyn bred pizza crusts in your local grocery or supermarket. Slather with spicy mayo, add pastrami (or any deli meat). Top with sautéd onions, and drizzle with bbq sauce, duck sauce, and more spicy mayo. Bake for maybe 10-20 min. This is totally adaptable to your tastes and feel free to play around with toppings. Also I get the cold cuts from Costco it’s way cheaper.

First Lady

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:53 am
I cut Chicken cutlets in small pieces ( or you can buy them ready cut)
Marinate in sauce of your choice for a few minutes (I do hoisin garlic)
Stir fry. Add broccoli and or other vegetables. When it's done (about 30 minutes) add rice and water and salt as per instructions and cook additional 25 minutes.
Delicious one pot meal!

lucky14

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:58 am
Marathon wrote:
Check https://betweencarpools.com/recipes/ they have super easy and delicious one pan recipes

Thanks for posting this, I found some good looking recipes to try out.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:14 am
Marathon wrote:

Also want to say thanks. Some really easy 9x13 ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus