Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Jewish Book Box

STMommy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:11 am
I am considering a subscription to Jewish Book Box from Menucha publishers - has anyone here subscribed to this and have any feedback?

trixx

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:19 am
I know chef chaya on Instagram posts about them in stories and had a promo code. See if it's in her highlights to check out

STMommy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 3:28 pm
I'm not on Instagram, but I would love a promo code!

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 3:37 pm
There is something fun to getting surprise books . I am a little disappointed that it's almost always 2 books even though they advertise 2-5 books .

qwerty4

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:16 pm
Do they take back the books monthly or is it a purchase which stays by you?

#1mama

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:47 am
Anyone have a recent coupon Code ?

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 5:23 pm
I’m thinking about doing this for my 10 yr old son. Is it worth it? What kind of book do they send?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 6:01 pm
What’s the link? I’ve found multiple when I googled it and when I went on Menucha publisher’s website there wasn’t a way for me to actually order it

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 7:26 pm
We did it for a few months. We got 2 books each month. I was wondering if that was because we wanted Jewish books for older kids. It could be you'd get more books by choosing non-Jewish books and/or children's books but I'm not sure.
Either way, it was very exciting to get a monthly box of books. My kids really enjoyed it. I stopped it cuz it wasn't getting too expensive for what I was getting out of it.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 7:29 pm
https://jewishbox.com/

I just ordered my first box, let’s see what I get. I asked for grades 3-5 Jewish books for girls.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:03 pm
So I spoke to them about the amount of books u get in boxes. For those that only request Jewish books you will only be getting about 2 books per box, it’s bec Jewish books are way more then non Jewish ones. However I did the mixed option which gives me more like 4/5 books per box.
Also im assuming older kids books are prob more expensive too.
My son loves it and it’s a great way to keep them entertained reading books!

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:05 pm
What's the advantage of this over picking out your own books? Not sure what it is I don't get about these things...

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:15 pm
seeker wrote:
What's the advantage of this over picking out your own books? Not sure what it is I don't get about these things...

It’s cheaper ($30 for two adult Jewish books) and the surprise of what’s going to come

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:32 pm
So $30 is cheaper than what I'd pay for two adult books, but if I only like one and had no interest in owning the other then $30 is more than I'd pay for one book... I do think it's cool that this exists for people who are enjoying it. I just don't... get it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:49 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
It’s cheaper ($30 for two adult Jewish books) and the surprise of what’s going to come

No. The teens books are $39.99. The adult book box option doesn't seem to be active, but I imagine it would also be $39.99.
We subscribed for about 8 months but recently unsubscribed. I saw my kids were no longer interested in the book selections. We would switch off grade levels to satisfy my different age children, but I was disappointed in the standards of their grade levels. I felt that their book level standard were too low. (For example, picture books in Grade 1-2 box.) Also, we thought we'd be getting a bigger variety of brand new releases, but we got over those months, a selection of older Baker's Dozen, BY Times, Savta Simcha, A Light for Greytowers.... among a couple of newer releases. It was definitely fun while it lasted, and there was always a little prize included in the book box to make it more exciting, such as a Chanukah themed fidget spinner or a frisbee with the Jewish Book Box logo. Their customer service was also impressive. I emailed them once about a few disappointments in a particular box, one being that the value of the two books included was less than $30. They allowed my dc to select any book of his choice as a bonus!
When we received books we didn't want, we would exchange them at a local Judaica store for credit at a slightly lower value.
Ultimately, my family decided to stop with the subscription, as they'd prefer to select their own books of their choice every couple of months at our local store instead of relying on Menucha's selections.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children