Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO ideas for lots of defrosted frozen mango

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:52 pm
Due to some issues with our freezer I have suddenly found myself with many bags of defrosted frozen mango chunks (my husband recently stocked up on them) among many other defrosted things BH Smile and I am looking for suggestions for what do with the mango. Or at least some of the mango. TIA!

Gneshe

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:53 pm
Sorbet?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:57 pm
Parve ice cream, made with coconut cream. Dairy ice cream with real cream. Sorbet with lime juice added, to cut back on the sweetness. Puree with strawberries for a smoothie. Puree and pour over vanilla ice cream as a sauce. Mix with apples for an apple/mango pie. Use it in cake mix, and reduce the amount of liquid to compensate for the fruit.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 3:29 pm
thanks so much for these ideas! I would have wanted to make sorbet/ ice cream/ and will be using some in a smoothie (with frozen berries) but I don't have a ice cream maker and if I puree them thawed I wasn't sure if it would end up having a good texture for sorbet that I would refreeze.. I saw a great looking simple recipe with lime that involves pureeing frozen (or maybe semi frozen) chunks. What are your thoughts about this gneshe and franticfrummie? maybe I should try to borrow an ice cream maker for this purpose..

I like the pie idea-- I make pies and crisps sometimes and was thinking along those lines. The cake idea sounds good too-- something maybe I could make a few of and then freeze? Once my freezer is running again b'ezH? Smile Although I don't do mixes too much but I would love a recipe idea for cake or muffins. (The sauce for ice cream sounds good too but I don't have so much use for it right now and it probably wouldn't keep too long... and I have a lot of mango! Surprised )

pizza4

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:24 pm
I just saw an idea using mango, blended and spread on a parchment paper on a baking sheet bake low and slow, not sure how long, a few hours, to make fruit leather.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:40 pm
pizza4 wrote:
I just saw an idea using mango, blended and spread on a parchment paper on a baking sheet bake low and slow, not sure how long, a few hours, to make fruit leather.

Yum! This comes out delish!

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:43 pm
Chutney

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:05 pm
pizza4 wrote:

this sounds fantastic-- if you remember where you saw it I would love to know!!

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:06 pm
tichellady wrote:
Chutney

do you have a link to a recipe that you recommend?

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:16 pm
btw I made something tonight that was pretty good if I do say so myself Wink

when I was looking around for ideas I noticed some references to grilled mango, and I also know that mango salsa is a thing, even though I don't think I've ever had any, so for a quick addition to tonight's dinner I took a parchment covered baking sheet, put on maybe a teaspoon of coconut oil, and spread 2 bags of thawed diced mango on it, sprinkled on some chili powder and a squeeze of lime and roasted in the oven for awhile on 400. BH it was really good! Smile yay that's 2 bags of mango down, many more to go Smile

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:24 pm
Recipe for fruit leather:

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-3365

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:27 pm
thanks so much!! I'm going to check it out!

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:41 pm
You can do a mango tropical salsa on baked salmon.
Avocado/mango salad
Fruit smoothie
maybe some chicken/meat with pineapple & mango
fruit salad with pom, kiwis etc.
jello with fruit chunks

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 12:18 am
dankbar wrote:
You can do a mango tropical salsa on baked salmon.
Avocado/mango salad
Fruit smoothie
maybe some chicken/meat with pineapple & mango
fruit salad with pom, kiwis etc.
jello with fruit chunks

thank you! I was actually thinking about trying it with meat because I also have 2 French roasts that defrosted that I need to cook now.. then I could maybe freeze it and use it for the purim seuda Cool

the salads sound amazing but not sure how much we could eat right away (most of my kids are away at yeshiva/seminary) and I need to use them asap. Are they really good with frozen mango instead of fresh? Do you have a recipe for avocado mango salad? Not sure if the mango will even keep till shabbos though..

I found this recipe for a roast.. thinking of trying it but maybe in the oven instead..
https://discover.grasslandbeef.....cipe/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics