Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is your dh comfortable buying you tampons?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
Would under extreme duress and would hate it!

Same here. When I ran out mid-period and he was shopping anyway, he grudgingly did. But usually refuses.

cm

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:24 pm
Interesting that so many say that their husbands buy feminine products routinely. That's great, but I have never seen a man in that aisle of the store!

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:27 pm
cm wrote:
Interesting that so many say that their husbands buy feminine products routinely. That's great, but I have never seen a man in that aisle of the store!

Funny, now that you mention it, either have I. And my husband has bought them for me on occasion. Guess these guys must get in and out of that aisle in an awful hurry, lol!

ETA: Of course I tend to do my shopping in the hours that the kids are in school. Most men are working then so.... maybe I'd see men in that aisle at night.

Last edited by MiracleMama on Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:40 pm
We buy them at Costco. It's not a matter of running out/emergency - it's just gets added to list when 1-2 packs left. He buys it no problem. And always gets the right type. And now that I think about it, Costco is even 'more embarrassing' - gasp- no bags. But he doesn't care and honestly why should he? And I have no issue taking bedika to our rabbi either. The way I see it, you do what you gotta do.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:01 pm
I find it so strange that men would be uncomfortable with this! What in the world is the big deal? He carries my bedikas to the rav, he grew up with doctors so maybe that makes him less sensitive to body things...I don't know.

I usually get mine from a delivery from the super market, but there have been plenty of times I've asked him to pick some up on the way back from shul. It never occurred to me that a man would have a problem with this!

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:31 pm
Im post partum and dh went today to buy me pads. I once asked him to pick up bedika clothes on the way from maariv and when he came home, he was like"why in the world would a grocery put bedika clothes behind the register guy so I need to ask if he can please give me a pack"
Come to think of it, why WOULD they do it??

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:40 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
Im post partum and dh went today to buy me pads. I once asked him to pick up bedika clothes on the way from maariv and when he came home, he was like"why in the world would a grocery put bedika clothes behind the register guy so I need to ask if he can please give me a pack"

Ya- in the pharmacy it's also behind the counter. I never understood why that has to be behind the counter but the pregnancy tests and spermicide don't .

Mazel tov btw!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:46 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:

Ok, so I don't live in a place where you pick up bedika cloths at the grocery store but if they are packaged same as I get them from my mikvah... they are just in a small opaque ziplock style bag or small cardboard box. There is no outside plastic seal around the packaging like all the other products.... pregnancy tests, spermicide, etc. which means people could open and handle them (be it someone who wanted to just make sure the pack is full or a curious kid) so that's kind of gross considering where it goes.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:06 pm
anon b.c I've said this many times in real life.

Shortly after we were married (think, less than 6 weeks or so), we went into a super market to get some pads. As I walked briskly down the aisle, I realized my new DH was standing at the beginning of the aisle looking a little awkward. He called to me "am I allowed down this aisle now?" LOL
He has since had no problem picking up for me when I've run out. As long as I send with him very clear instructions....as the choices make him crazy.

yamz

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:06 pm
Am I missing something? Why in the world would a dh be too embarrassed to buy sanitary supplies? What is the big deal? The pads/tampons are obviously not for him!

I feel pretty uncomfortable standing in line with feminine hygiene products, but I wouldn't think twice about buying jock itch cream or something. It's clearly not mine.

How do you all feel about buying anti-diarrhea medicine, or the aforementioned hemorrhoid cream? Isn't that just as bad, or worse? And those are for either gender, so even if you are buying for someone else, you could just as easily be making the purchase for yourself.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:04 pm
moonstone wrote:
Wow, you NEVER run out of things? What are you doing on this board filled with imperfect mere mortals? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I hope I can someday be a competent adult like you!

My husband has no problem buying my pads, he's done it a few times. It's not even an issue.

I've bought hemorrhoid cream once or twice, what is the big deal? Who cares?
it must be a big deal because first of all OP thinks it's enough of a deal to start a thread about it and secondly It's gone to four pages. OP didn't ask does your dh buy Kleenex or shampoo did she? As to what I'm doing here, if you must know, I'm slumming.

rachel91

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 3:38 am
Yes, but it's not his favorite task, to put it mildly.

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 9:28 am
My husband and I both buy whatever is on the list - pads, tampons, shampoo, trash bags, wet wipes, diapers, baby wipes, toilet paper, hemorrhoid cream, deodorant, etc. Neither of us is embarrassed to buy whatever the household needs, whoever is doing the shopping that day.
My husband also picks up prescriptions for me - no matter what it is for.
In Israel the bedikah cloths are sold everywhere, no need to ask and the bags are sealed. If I needed, my husband would buy me that too.

fish

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:54 pm
My husband buys me all the time and knows exactly which ones I like. My daughter will also ask him to buy if we are nearly running out and he is going shopping.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:20 pm
I have no idea. It would never occur to me to ask him. As a b”h mentally sound and physically capable adult, I take care of my own personal care supplies. I didn’t ask my mother to buy me sanitary supplies when I was 13 and I don’t ask my dh to buy them for me now, just as he doesn’t ask me to buy him hemorrhoid cream.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:25 pm
He doesn’t like to because he’s sure he’ll get the wrong ones. But not embarrassed at all. Seems like nothing embarrasses him ever.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:25 pm
OMG! wrote:
First of all I wouldn't send dh. In an emergency my pharmacy delivers. Second, there are so many types and brands that he would never know which one, and I don't like explaining him stuff over the phone when he's on errands.
I once saw a couple at that aisle in a local grocery, and she's was contemplating which one to get , and asked her dh for advice... That wasn't at night when store is empty. By day when tons of people passed that aisle. I thought it was awkward! Like a couple smelling deodorants together!!

She asked her dh for advice on sanitary protection? Like he has personal experience in this area? Now I’ve heard everything!

Surely she was just asking which is a better buy based on unit price?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:27 pm
zaq wrote:
She asked her dh for advice on sanitary protection? Like he has personal experience in this area? Now I’ve heard everything!

Maybe it was me. I asked Dh if he remembered which were the good postpartum pads. He did remember and I bought the correct ones (extra long and heavy).

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:44 pm
He has on occasion. Had no problem with it. When we were first married, he though it was funny that I asked him to please not go to the local jewish pharmacy but rather to duane reade a bit farther down. He still doesnt see the problem. Its supplies for a basic human function, whats the big deal? Confused But me?? Hiding

I usually try not to run out of it as none of the local stores carry the ones I use so I stock up. But it still can happen that I run out and dh will do a latenight trip to target to get some (25 min round trip plus shoping time. Yeah, its annoying when it happens.)

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 11:08 pm
This thread made me think of this

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics