Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How old were you when you had your last child?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:02 am
Odelyah wrote:
Amein thank you! yes if I needed to not get pregnant I would use something. As I said I've used it at different times when necessary. I think at this point if I didn't especially want more, but would be OK with it in the unlikely event that it happened, I still wouldn't use anything at this point because the chance is so low and I'd rather not take the hormones--but that's just me Smile (although I'm guessing lots of other women my age weigh it the same way), but as I said that's not even the case now--I would be ecstatic really if it happened.

Are you aware of what the risks are at age 48?

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:23 am
gold21 wrote:

yes--very aware, but thank you for your concern. I still feel that Hashem runs the world and if I feel ready to have a baby it is up to Hashem and He can decide to give me a healthy baby, without any extra "effort" on His part. I don't think the statistics are a factor in my hishtadlus in this situation. We are talking about percentages not a medical impossibility. But I'm not telling anyone else how to feel/ what to do cv"s.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:29 am
gold21 wrote:

actually just realized I was assuming you were referring to the statistically higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities in the baby cv"s but now I'm wondering if you were (also?) referring to risks to my own health?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 11:28 am
had my first at 20, had my last (#4) at age 30.
On Mirena. JPF, not modern or super yeshivish.
Now I'm 42, and no regrets about my fab four! Wink

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 11:36 am
30 (twins). Yeshivish. Stopped for medical reasons.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 12:55 pm
Yeshivish. I had my last one at 41! Would love to have one more but I'm really scared of health issues and realistically speaking don't think it will happen! It really wouldn't be a smart move!
We are more than busy enough with our wonderful current family!
Time to be the best grandma ever! Wink

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 12:59 pm
Nice survey op
We spell hassidish differently

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:02 pm
I'm yeshivish. I have SIF, and I had my youngest DD at age 32.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:14 pm
I was 33 .it was my child number 4.and we are yeshivish.
Now I'm nearly 42.My last one is 8.and I enjoy very much my little family!
I have time for them and for me....😘

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:22 pm
Last one at 37. Heimish.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:40 pm
My last one was a week before I turned 35. I thought I was done but here I am at almost 40 and 8 weeks pregnant. If all goes well, I’ll be
40 1/2 when I have my last one.
Super excited but also super nervous. Also, I have all one gender right now, but I’m happy with either gender as long as it’s healthy.
I’m heimishe, btw

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I'm 36 now, had my last at 34. Dont think I'll be having more. Somewhere between JPF and yeshivish. Did not ask specifically. Last kid threw our family for a loop. I have fulfilled my halachic obligation, dh (a rebbe) is ok with it.

Very similar to me. My youngest is going to be 4, I am going to be 38. I’m closer to jpf, my husband is closer to yeshivish. After she was born I said no more, but I’m slowly starting to change my mind. I don’t ask for a heter for BC, our rav told me I didn’t have to. Rather, o asked what was the best option per Halacha for our situation, and when was the best time to start.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:03 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I was 33 .it was my child number 4.and we are yeshivish.
Now I'm nearly 42.My last one is 8.and I enjoy very much my little family!
I have time for them and for me....😘

you said it so beautifully,I am sure you are a very special mother cuz you enjoy it.....

thriver

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:09 pm
Not sure what your poll is for, but here’s me.

My youngest was born when I was 27 and then breast cancer came along. I’m now 32 and on hormonal therapy so there will be no baby in the picture for a bit. Not sure what will be, but then again, does anyone?

One thing cancer taught me is that we think we are in charge. Sorry. We’re not. I’m taking it one day at a time. And enjoying the brood I’ve got. BH.

mereparfaite

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you yeshivish, modern, hassidish? Did you get a heter to stop having kids after or you just stopped on your own?

6 kids heter after five but we wanted another one.I was 37 when my lat one born but I got the heter at 34
I love them so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:52 pm
I had my youngest when I was 26.
We have a DS & a DD
We are chasidish.
I don’t ask about bc.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:05 pm
My mother had me when she was 46. She thanks god for me every day. She said I kept her young. If someone is healthy and capable why would you want to stop at young age?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
you said it so beautifully,I am sure you are a very special mother cuz you enjoy it.....

Thank you so much 😘😘
❤️❤️❤️

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:32 pm
Odelyah wrote:
actually just realized I was assuming you were referring to the statistically higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities in the baby cv"s but now I'm wondering if you were (also?) referring to risks to my own health?

No, I wasn't referring to your health.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My mother had me when she was 46. She thanks god for me every day. She said I kept her young. If someone is healthy and capable why would you want to stop at young age?

I’m young and capable. I want to stop having kids at 30. I want to enjoy my kids and to have plenty of time to pursue my own interests.
JPF, and I have never and will never discuss BC with anyone but my husband.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics