Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Shipt Grocery Delivery Service - Target and more
1  2  Next

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 8:38 am
So I am a working mom of 3. I work 40 hours+ many weeks and find my life super busy.

I am not promoting this in any way except to help other mothers out there since its a lifesaver for me and friends who I've gotten to sign up.

There's a same day (within a few hours) delivery service called shipt. It's main store is Target but it has many other stores depending on your area (CVS, some grocery stores, office depot and more)
I 99% of the time use the Target store.
SAME PRICES as store
super easy to use
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - if I have any issues with items I get refunded right away and can even keep the item if I want.
Can order everything from clothes, to household items, to food.

Its usually 99$ per year for free delivery but I do have a coupon for sign up for 50$ off.

I use it at least once a week. Out of diapers - no need to run to the store. Just make an order.
Need eggs? No problem, make an order.
And since I order just what I need, I keep the orders low vs when I go into the store its amazing how I spend 100$ easily.

PM Me if want to hear more, have questions or the link for the coupon.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 12:18 pm
Oh I forgot you can also have multiple addresses and CCs on the account. I share it with sibilings and we split the cost...

teachkids

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:00 pm
Just going to add that target also has restock where they deliver the next day as long as it’s a $35 order and there’s no fee.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:03 pm
teachkids wrote:
Just going to add that target also has restock where they deliver the next day as long as it’s a $35 order and there’s no fee.

True but you can't get perishables with that.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:11 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
True but you can't get perishables with that.

True. I stop at the store once or twice a week for pershiables and produce.

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:18 pm
How would you compare it to instacart?

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:42 pm
I thought the prices are higher than in the store. Not much, but somewhat.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:43 pm
cozyblanket wrote:

Nope. I checked personally many items...

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:45 pm
Hatemywig wrote:
How would you compare it to instacart?

I used to have instacart.
I like this better for a few reasons.

1. Prices are the same as in store
2. They have constant sales and promotions in the app
3. The user experience is better
4. When I had issues with instacart orders they did nothing about.

Shipt refunds or credits me asap.

See sample email I've received from them :

Thank you for reaching out! We are so sorry to hear that you received damaged products.

I have credited $29.99 to your account, which will be automatically applied to your next Shipt order. You will see this reflected at checkout on your next order as "Shipt Credit Applied."

Thank you so much for being a Shipt member and for giving us the opportunity to make this right.

Have a wonderful day!

Violeta Y

Experience Team • Birmingham, AL • 205-502-2500 • shipt.com

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:52 pm
How are they earning money if prices aren't higher and shipping is free?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:54 pm
cozyblanket wrote:

It might depend on location....on Sukkos, I needed an urn that day. The price online was higher than the price in the store...and since I have shopped at 2 different supermarkets from the same chain a few miles apart (on the same day!!) and noticed different prices, it wouldn't surprise me if there is variation on some items' prices depending on the location and that might not always align with in-store prices. Whereas someone else shopping at a different location would see the same (higher) price...

exhausted

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:56 pm
Is there a minimum per order?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:56 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Shipt is taking the fee and doing the shopping for you.

For Restock, I assume you can't use things like Cartwheel coupons (now Circle) so base price might be the same but savings is less and Target ends up with more money to offset the delivery cost.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:05 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Theres a membership fee and shipt is owned/partnered w target so they get discounts from them for the items purchased through them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/2......html

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:06 pm
exhausted wrote:
Is there a minimum per order?

35$ for free delivery
but I've had times where I needed something and contacted them and they waived the fee

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:57 pm
I recently signed up to instacart and I really like the service.

It is available for all the supermarkets here as well as Costco. Prices are a bit higher than the store but when I factor in my time and sanity and not shlepping home and into my house, it’s well worth it.

If I am getting a big order from Costco, I have it delivered when my housekeeper is here because she is a much better organizer than I am especially in my freezer which has drawers so they have to fit inside or they won’t close.

Amazon now has free delivery from Whole Foods and the Amazon Fresh Pantry included in Prime membership. I haven’t used it yet. Prices are very competitive for most items when I browsed.

lauful

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:38 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Shipt is owned by Target. That’s how.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:49 pm
just curious - do you tip the shopper each time because that would really add up though how can you not?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:56 pm
I use target app and shipt at least once a week. It’s only Wednesday and I used twice this week lol.
I got a free month trial recently (promo still ongoing btw) and got hooked. It’s a great service, the shopper can text you directly if target is out of a product and gives you substitute choices.
Also some items are cheaper when purchased with shipt same day delivery. And now there is a $10 off $100 promo.

So you can really end up breaking even or saving on the membership.

Anon because I tell everyone irl.

And tipping is nice but not mandatory.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:58 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
just curious - do you tip the shopper each time because that would really add up though how can you not?

Of course I tip the shopper just as I would tip a waiter or other service person. I generally pay 10% through the App although you can modify after delivery either up or down.

The service is either worth it to you or not. My time is worth more than what I pay for the service. If I had more free time, then my time would be worth less than what I pay for the service. But this is true of any service you pay for. Either you spend time or money and it’s up to an individual which one is more valuable for each transaction.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics