Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Any Mrs. Maisel fans here?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 12:22 pm
I just finished watching season 3.
Absolutely love the show.
Can’t believe I have to wait another year till the next season comes out!
I would love if magically midge and Joel would get back together. I feel bad for Joel. He messed up but he’s a good guy.
I love Miriam too she’s great , but wish she would be more hands on with her children and be a career woman that also makes time for her family.

mamsegula

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:38 pm
I watched 2 seasons on the plane. I don't see what the hype is about. A privileged young mother neglects her children completely so that she can have a career as a stand up comedienne. Her marriage falls apart because her husband is unhappy at work so he leaves her for a shiksa. Ehhh

lcraighten

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:41 pm
Yes, she is privileged and spoiled. I still find the show funny, but I do wish that Miriam and Joel would get back together. They both messed up in round 1 (him a lot more than her) but I think that they both matured a lot and aren't as big babies as they were in season 1. I do have a problem with season 3. It lost a lot of the magic. I feel like it just turned into, "Hmmmm, how can we mess up every character's life...."

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:43 pm
I agree about season 3 .
Everything turns into a problem
Also didn’t enjoy the singing so much
But loved the first 2 episodes

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:49 pm
Love the show.
Absolutely love susie meyerson. She makes me so happy Very Happy

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:51 pm
Oh oh and, I LOVE midge's father too. Abe. Hes just hillarious with his hoarse whiney voice and opinions LOL

Zehava

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:55 pm
Love love love it! Every single character and their quirks. The jokes on and off stage. The authentic 60s vibe. All of it.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Oh oh and, I LOVE midge's father too. Abe. Hes just hillarious with his hoarse whiney voice and opinions LOL

He was very funny in Monk where he played an OCD detective.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:39 pm
No. I've never seen it. But I had to post this quote somewhere and it doesn't belong on the spanking threads, too much pain there:
MY PARENTS My mother and father are my sounding board. I bring just about every question and decision to them. They're both therapists, so they're good at listening and giving advice. Growing up, the phrase "Let's talk about this" was used quite often. Every once in a while I'd be like, could you guys just spank us instead? - Alex Borstein

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 3:42 pm
I started watching it and I find it quite boring. It's just not pulling, like what's the point? I don't get the hype about it. I didn't start season 2.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:05 pm
Anyone else find mrs maizel fathers voice and way of speaking sounds EXACTLY like president trump??
Once you hear it you cant unhear it,sorry.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 22 2020, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:08 pm
In middle of season 2.
I’m loving it and I adore Susie Myerson the most. She’s so talented.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:48 pm
Just started season three. Lives season one. Hated season two. (Except the Catskills scenes). Season three- midge Miriam is whinier than ever. And she botoxed her forehead horrendously.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:49 pm
Amarante wrote:
He was very funny in Monk where he played an OCD detective.

no way. I didn't even realize that I knew him from somewhere. I watched only one season from Monk. he's such a nerd, its hysterical.
and I live for Susie Myerson. she's adorable.
and the FASHUN!! can't get enough of it.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:51 pm
Joel’s father and mother have the funniest lines.

I personally hope they *dont* get back together. Too little, too late.

Miriam’s father is exactly like a relative of mine Can't Believe It

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
no way. I didn't even realize that I knew him from somewhere. I watched only one season from Monk. he's such a nerd, its hysterical.
and I live for Susie Myerson. she's adorable.
and the FASHUN!! can't get enough of it.

He is a gifted comedic actor and I enjoyed Monk as a detective dramedy.

One great thing is when I think I recognize an actor, I Pause my DVR and look up in IMDb and then I see all the roles I recognize the actor from.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:03 pm
Amarante wrote:
He is a gifted comedic actor and I enjoyed Monk as a detective dramedy.

One great thing is when I think I recognize an actor, I Pause my DVR and look up in IMDb and then I see all the roles I recognize the actor from.

I do that too but I didn't even know I knew him from somewhere.

my mama

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:06 pm
I loved seasons one and two. Season three was visually amazing! The costumes and sets were gorgeous. But the storyline was a little tedious. It was as if the producers were like, let's see who we can mess up the most and who can we get to swear the most. If I were to try a drinking game every time someone swears I would be drunk by the end of the first episode Smile

Nonetheless, I am definitely looking forward to season4

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
No. I've never seen it. But I had to post this quote somewhere and it doesn't belong on the spanking threads, too much pain there:
MY PARENTS My mother and father are my sounding board. I bring just about every question and decision to them. They're both therapists, so they're good at listening and giving advice. Growing up, the phrase "Let's talk about this" was used quite often. Every once in a while I'd be like, could you guys just spank us instead? - Alex Borstein

That's actually funny I can just hear her saying it! Alex/Susie is fantastic! Funnier than Miriam.
I enjoy the fashion and the whole 60's vibe. The comedy itself isn't that funny anymore but I enjoy the characters and show overall.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:48 pm
I guess I’m the odd one out. I watched it out of curiosity due to the rave reviews, and aside from the sets and costumes, I can’t figure out what everyone sees in it. The language is crude, the jokes are tasteless, the characters are uniformly selfish and self-centered, and the relationships are one worse than the next. They are all poster children for dysfunctional marriages and poor/negligible parenting. It would be nice to see one character consider the ramifications of their decisions on everyone around them and take others into consideration - when making their choices. It’s very hard for me to relate to characters, whom I find so unlikeable!!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics