Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Turkish Airlines ok?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 9:37 am
I'm booking tickets for my son to go to Israel, and I'm seeing Turkish Airlines as an option. Has anyone flown with them recently? Is this safe?

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 9:59 am
Yes, I flew a few months ago. The flight from Istanbul was full of Jews. It's as safe as any airline imo. There have been occasional terror attacks in Istanbul (just like NY, London, Brussels...) so if you prefer don't leave the airport.

I know some people don't like supporting a muslim company. But hey, they fly to Tel Aviv. That should probably be encouraged.

Having said all that when I was booking a ticket for my young daughter (16/17) I chose another airline since I thought it may be stressful for her when travelling alone. She has a friend who was stuck in Istanbul when the flight had problems...not a place I'd want a teen to be stuck in. (and iirc the airline were not very helpful for some reason)

Metukah

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 10:19 am
I've flown Turkish quite a few times and only had amazing experiences. So much so that when I book flights to Israel I first check Turkish.

All the staff we encountered, in the flight and in the airport, we're all really nice.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 10:52 am
I know a couple of people who flee Turkish with a stop in Instanbul. They all had good experience. I wouldn't leave the Airport though.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 11:13 am
Thanks so much!!! Really appreciate your help!!!

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:44 pm
Yes I did A few months ago.

Besides for the crazy amount of security in the Turkish airport it was a regular flight.

BTW They are known to be one of the best airlines, the service is amazing.

benny

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:21 pm
Anyone know if it’s safe to walk around the airport obviously Jewish? Or better to
Wear a cap and hide tzitzis

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:47 pm
benny wrote:
Anyone know if it’s safe to walk around the airport obviously Jewish? Or better to
Wear a cap and hide tzitzis

Its absolutely fine. Dh is obviously Jewish and we've done it a number of times.

malki2

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:52 pm
We’ve flown it. It’s great. DH actually davened shacharis in the Mosque (yes, it’s completely muttar). To be honest, it was unoccupied.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:24 pm
I saw dans deals had a special with Turkish today

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:40 pm
Personally love the travel via Turkish airlines. They’re planes are clean and staff is always nice. My parents both happen to be Turkish so stopping over in Istanbul never phased me. The airport happens to be very nice as well.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:43 pm
It's so funny to see this thread bumped up, I'm the OP of this thread!

We ended up going on Turkish Airlines and it was amazing. The best airline by far. (They also allow two suitcases if thats something that counts).

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:44 am
I’ve used the without a problem. They are an excellent airline.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 6:31 am
The kosher food leaving Istanbul is great btw!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics