Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Urgent! Please calm a frantic mother. Mellow drops
1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 11:55 pm
My teen gave my 2 yr old 1 mellow drop when I wasn't home. Of course I yelled my head off why she didn't call me to ask. But I'm scared. Mellow drops for a baby?? I used once last yr on an 8 and 10 yr old I gave them one drop and it did the job. But for a 2 yr old??

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 11:59 pm
What are mellow drops?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:00 am
tweety1 wrote:
My teen gave my 2 yr old 1 mellow drop when I wasn't home. Of course I yelled my head off why she didn't call me to ask. But I'm scared. Mellow drops for a baby?? I used once last yr on an 8 and 10 yr old I gave them one drop and it did the job. But for a 2 yr old??

He will get up tomorrow
Healthy as anything
My toddler once chewed a few melatonins! I cane into the kitchen and I saw the opened bottle no clue how many he ate but his teeth were full if it!
I called his pediatrician frantically. He told me he will be fine once he wakes up!
He is fine.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:00 am
My Dr's told me that melatonin is safe once a child is 2 years old.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
He will get up tomorrow
Healthy as anything
My toddler once chewed a few melatonins! I cane into the kitchen and I saw the opened bottle no clue how many he ate but his teeth were full if it!
I ran to his pediatrician. He laughed at me.
He is fine.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of ch"v. I'll be checking to see hes breathing all night.

flowerpower

You mean malatonim drops? Totally fine! Don’t worry and apologize at your teen for yelling your head off while she was babysitting for you.

Last edited by flowerpower on Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Bottom line, did it work?

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:03 am
Would be unsafe to give such a big dose regularly but once is fine

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:10 am
The normal dosage is 10 drops.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:22 am
flowerpower wrote:
You mean malatonim drops? Totally fine! Don’t worry and apologize at your teen for yelling your head off while she was babysitting for you.

She wasn't babysitting. My dh was home. That's why I was also so upset. My dh was home why couldn't she just have asked. My would've for sure called me.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:02 am
Melatonin is sade. benadryl is unsafe. You're confusing it with benadryl that suppresses the central nervous system and breathing.

Melatonin works in an entirely different route and doesn't suppress breathing. It also washes out really quick.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:10 am
It'll be fine. One of my kids once got into a bottle of chewable melatonin when he was 2 or 3 and ate a few tablets, I also panicked and called the doctor, who said it's fine, he'll sleep it off. Sure enough, he fell asleep very quickly and slept for like 12 hours, but he was totally fine.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:14 am
How you doing Tweety? Did you manage to sleep at all yourself?

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:18 am
No was busy with croupy kid anyway. But I did keep on checking up on breathing. Now I'm waiting anxiously for him to wake up

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:42 am
It's totally fine, nothing to worry about!
Though you need to talk to your teens (not yell your head off) that they have to ask a parent before giving any medications or vitamins to kids.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:55 am
He bh just woke up. Abt 30-45 min later than every day.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:15 am
For future reference, if you have this type of concern you can get a quicker answer from poison control center. Which would have politely told you that you are more than fine.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:21 am
My 18 month old once ate a whole bottle. Called poison control and they said there is nothing to worrh about..

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:22 am
I was also going to say you can always check with poison control if something like this ever happens in the future. They have a website/app where you put in all the info and they tell you what to do. Did it once when my toddler got into my husband's meds.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:21 am
tweety1 wrote:

My dr. Okayed it for my then 2 year old for a flight.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics