Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Swing inside the house
Previous  1  2

Rappel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:04 am
lilies wrote:
That's the wooden full swing frame. How would both sides of the hammock be attached to one section of the frame?

Did you mean this one? https://www.plowhearth.com/en/.....34885

We used 550 paracord at the time to link the ends together, and then bound the cord to the middle. Then you lie down in the sling, and swing. That way, it could swing in any direction.

Whole I like the minimalism of the frame you posted, the short base means a very short
tipping point, accentuated by the lightweight frame. I wouldn't trust that for energetic children's play.

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:31 pm
I know someone who attached monkey bars to the ceiling in their hallway.

2gether

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:43 pm
If you are looking for what else to get - get a (mini)trampoline, that was an amazing purchase for my kids.
Sometimes they would just be all wild, upset, etc. and I would have them go out and jump a little, it did wonders

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:54 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I wish I could do that but my boys would fight over any equipment and be very dangerous...

I have a few of the same swings . One hanging from each room. For $25 a piece it was a worthwhile investment.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)