Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do in London on a Friday

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:15 pm
We'll be visiting London iyH for a weekend, we'll be staying in Stamford Hill. Is there anywhere to tour that is really worth it on a winter Friday?

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:18 pm
the monument to the great fire of London is pretty cool and not far from Stamford Hill.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:13 pm
Is Friday your only day to your? I would definitely do changing of the guards and that area. (Buckingham Palace, horse guards parade, Westminster; London Eye, big Ben and houses of Parliament)

In fact, I'm not a tourist and a few weeks ago on a Friday, I took my kids. It was loved by all.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:16 pm
or if you want to do something spiritual go to the shutz tzion before chatzos

littleprincess

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:26 pm
Have in mind that shabbes is very early in london . Last week wa 4.09 . Dont know the exact time this coming shabbes
Changing of the guard starts at 11 .

Amother above mentioned the kever of the Shutzer. Theres a van that goes there every friday .

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:44 pm
We did it a few weeks ago when shabbos came in at 3:37. I wasn't a guest, I was hosting for shabbos. I got home by 1:20 and we were fine.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
or if you want to do something spiritual go to the shutz tzion before chatzos

Yes I was going to post this. Friday specifically (I'm not sure if before or after chatzos) is an especially auspicious time to daven there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:47 am
Metukah wrote:
We did it a few weeks ago when shabbos came in at 3:37. I wasn't a guest, I was hosting for shabbos. I got home by 1:20 and we were fine.

Metukah,

Thank you!
Are you able to help me out with how the timing worked out and transportation and stuff like that?
Can I pm you perhaps?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:50 am
I'd enjoy the various shops and stuff (hmmmm the gefilte fish take out)

caza

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:23 pm
I live in London Stamford Hill, it's easy to get to changing of the guards, you take a bus to manor house and take the train for 11 stops to green park. You walk through the park to Buckingham palace for changing of the guards. If you want to go further there is a route to walk where you can see many sights. (I can explain if you need)
In the area there is also churchill war rooms which is a nice museum about world war, it is where Churchill sat, you get a headpiece and it talks you through all the displays.
Westfield Stratford is also pretty close if you want shopping, Oxford street is also not far.

Metukah

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Metukah,

Thank you!
Are you able to help me out with how the timing worked out and transportation and stuff like that?
Can I pm you perhaps?

Sure you can.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:03 pm
Thank you everyone for your replies!

What's the best way for me to schedule my Friday? I'd do the changing of the guards, do I have time for anything else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics