Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best way to advertise Apt for Rent in BP

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:04 pm
Which papers get the most calls?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:06 pm
Share deets. I'm sure ppl here are looking. One or 2 bdrm? What floor? Etc.

There's something they hang in shul every week that has apartments listed and everyone takes that home when they're looking for an apartment. Ask any man who goes to shul in BP for a copy

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:13 pm
Hamodia

They have this daily thing that they distribute in shuls every day.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:14 pm
Im not sharing here.

A broker has been calling me regularly saying hell rent it 1 2 3 and tenant pays broker fee. All I have to do is tell him my preferences as far as what Im looking for.

Is there a down side to renting it that way?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:30 pm
it'll be grabbed within an hr of advertising. there is a tremendous need. You will get hundreds or maybe thousands of calls. Talking from experience. good luck

rising hero

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:57 pm
The weekly link
Luach hatzibur

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:56 pm
The downside of a broker, is they may misrepresent you or the tenant just to seal the deal and make their commission.

If your apt is so desirable an ad in any publication will do the trick and you can vet your potential tenants. Are they honest? Clean? Etc.

Luach hatzobur
Hamodia
Torah times
Weekly link
Jewish press

Anyone looking looks everywhere.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:25 pm
I vote for Luach Hatzibur but all options mentioned are good.
Btw, I am very upset about all these brokers that sprang up over the past few years. It’s basically just an added large expense. Why can’t landlords just rent out their apartments themselves? Many of the brokers don’t even show the apartment yet charge fees.
Tenants have to pay rent, security AND a month of rent as a broker fee. Why??

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:56 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I vote for Luach Hatzibur but all options mentioned are good.
Btw, I am very upset about all these brokers that sprang up over the past few years. It’s basically just an added large expense. Why can’t landlords just rent out their apartments themselves? Many of the brokers don’t even show the apartment yet charge fees.
Tenants have to pay rent, security AND a month of rent as a broker fee. Why??

Ugh I was mad when I looked for an apt..

Landlord’s loss because they really missed out on good tenants. We pay on time, don’t bother anyone, and are kind and mentchlich to all.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:35 am
Luach hatzibor is the most popular. Torah times also a good free option. Anyone who is seriously looking is checking all the papers so you don't need to cover that many.(talking from experience). Having a broker might make it easier for you not having to answer calls or show the apartment but when I was looking the brokers were really bad with picking up/calling back and they had apartments on the market for a very long time.
Tip: Putting in a lot of honest detailed info in the ad with help reduce calls/showings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries