Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
IMAMOTHER GOT TALENT!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Ooh, me too!
I can also fold my tongue into crazy shapes, including a three-leaf-clover shape (and I can touch my nose with it too). And I can raise one eyebrow and wiggle my ears. Not all at the same time LOL

You made me try, to one-up the "not at the same time"part, but sure enough... Can only wiggle the opposite ear while raising one eyebrow. Cool. Though I wonder if practice could fix that.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 8:37 pm
Bli Ayin Hara I can walk into a party or wedding, having spent max $200, on my clothing and shoes, head to toe (not including Sheitel), and have people telling me over and over that I look like I bought expensive couture clothing.

malki2

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I can rouse all the self-righteous people with one venting post.

I can rouse all the venting people with one self-righteous post.

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I stay happy (and sane) homeschooling six kids and their stream of friends.

This belongs in the superhero thread kol hakavod!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 8:54 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Bli Ayin Hara I can walk into a party or wedding, having spent max $200, on my clothing and shoes, head to toe (not including Sheitel), and have people telling me over and over that I look like I bought expensive couture clothing.

I walk into Simchas, having spent almost $0!!!
I wear outfits from thrift shops. Shoes from 2 years ago (so technically it's free at this point), sheitel was cheap, and is old. It is redone by yours truly- myself. No real jewelry (as a Matter of fact, no jewelry, besides for fake earrings and a watch).
Sorry, I do wear my wedding band.
Though my wardrobe cost nearly zilch, (for lack of means to buy new stuff), but...
Am I worth 0 because of that???
Absolutely not. I look like queen Esther!
My sheitel is done pretty by myself. I put on (cheap) makeup.
My smile is always on and radiates the hall. I seem to always be upbeat and positive (that's what I'm being told)... I love to compliment, where it's due.
People constantly say, regardless of what you're going through, you always look happy and light up people's hearts.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:06 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Cuz your a size 2, right?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I stay happy (and sane) homeschooling six kids and their stream of friends.

Are your kids walking encylopedias or just regular?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I walk into Simchas, having spent almost $0!!!
I wear outfits from thrift shops. Shoes from 2 years ago (so technically it's free at this point), sheitel was cheap, and is old. It is redone by yours truly- myself. No real jewelry (as a Matter of fact, no jewelry, besides for fake earrings and a watch).
Sorry, I do wear my wedding band.
Though my wardrobe cost nearly zilch, (for lack of means to buy new stuff), but...
Am I worth 0 because of that???
Absolutely not. I look like queen Esther!
My sheitel is done pretty by myself. I put on (cheap) makeup.
My smile is always on and radiates the hall. I seem to always be upbeat and positive (that's what I'm being told)... I love to compliment, where it's due.
People constantly say, regardless of what you're going through, you always look happy and light up people's hearts.

I love this! A shame we cant meet one day.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:29 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Cuz your a size 2, right?

No, Im not huge, but not a size 2.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 9:51 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I can win the one for going to bed latest!! 3am is still a decent time to me
Meh, I was up til 4 at least three times in the last week.

But here in the Antarctic the sun sometimes doesn't rise and sometimes doesn't set...

4am is my nightly (err daily?) bedtime. And Sometimes the clock ticks closer to 4:30. And Iā€™m up at 7:40.

ora_43

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:29 pm
I speak fluent Academese. Between that and my google-fu, I can turn any half-baked opinion into something that would earn at least a B+ in just minutes.

(Proponents of the neural network theory may hesitate to refer to academic English as a distinct language. In this work, we will follow the boundary construction theory, and focus on the locus of language acquisition rather than historical linguistic development. In this corpus, academic English (henceforth "academese"), due to its unique vocabulary and grammatical style, is considered not merely a written form of an existing language, but rather, an entirely separate dialect.)

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:36 pm
ora_43 wrote:
I speak fluent Academese. Between that and my google-fu, I can turn any half-baked opinion into something that would earn at least a B+ in just minutes.

(Proponents of the neural network theory may hesitate to refer to academic English as a distinct language. In this work, we will follow the boundary construction theory, and focus on the locus of language acquisition rather than historical linguistic development. In this corpus, academic English (henceforth "academese"), due to its unique vocabulary and grammatical style, is considered not merely a written form of an existing language, but rather, an entirely separate dialect.)

Ooh, I'm feeling intimidated TMI Super cool!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 5:15 am
ora_43 wrote:

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:17 am
I have yet to find someone who doesn't have something likable in them. I can find out what is good in them, even if it is really deeply hidden. The trick is to believe it's there in the first place.

I can taste something once, and replicate it perfectly. Maybe not with the exact same ingredients, but so close that you wouldn't know in a taste test. This has ruined restaurants for me, because every time I eat out and order something new, I can go home and make it for much cheaper. I'm always on the lookout for new foods.

I design Steampunk jewelry, and I have won awards for some of my designs.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ri.....ernal

(I realize I am totally outing myself here, but I am not worried about it. What are you going to do, break in and steal my cat? He's a jerk, and you're welcome to him. LOL )

ssspectacular

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:50 am
I can get engrossed in a book and read for 3 or 4 hrs. straight!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:53 am
I bake the best chocolate (or cinnamon or cheese) babka in Lakewood and beyond. And cinnamon buns. And rugalach. And cookies, and other items in the baked goods department.

Mandolin

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:56 am
I love animals and they love me. I feel like I can communicate with them. (Now everyone here will think I'm crazy šŸ¤Ŗ )

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:26 am
ora_43 wrote:

Wow. You earned a B.S.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:26 am
Chayalle wrote:
I bake the best chocolate (or cinnamon or cheese) babka in Lakewood and beyond. And cinnamon buns. And rugalach. And cookies, and other items in the baked goods department.

I live in a popular vacation destination. If you bring me one of each I will happily host you for shabbos meals if you come here on vacation. And I'm a pretty great cook too, but baking is not my thing (besides my amazing challah) Smile

gamanit

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:35 am
I can adjust the pressure inside my ears by clicking my ears which seems to control some kind of valve. (not sure how to explain it). I use it whenever I'm in a car, airplane, or if it's just getting too loud around me and I need a bit of a break (while the valve is open I hear a little less). It's not as good as earplugs but still helps.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics