Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bullying
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:14 pm
urgh no don't buy a bully. Please read anne frank's zal story on this.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:21 pm
Children are almost completely helpless against a bully. They don't get to choose where to go to school, and they don't get to call the police.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 5:29 pm
Please make sure you call the school and are on top of the situation. My DH still suffers till this day from all the bullying he went through growing up.

He has a really low self-esteem and us stuck in a fight or flight mode which makes it very difficult for him to have an emotional relationship Sad

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 5:36 pm
I go straight to the menahel. This happened too many times with my kids, to take a risk. Also, in my experience the bullied kid got blamed for the entire fight when he tried standing up for himself and fighting back. So now I call the menahel immediately and it’s taken seriously.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 7:26 pm
Bullying is extremely damaging.
It must be addressed.
Some ppl bullied in their youth will never forget it.
Anyone have insight into bullying on the bus - girls?

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 8:33 am
I just want to add that bullying victims are often lacking in social skills which makes them easy targets. It is important to get the child help with his social skills if this is the case. I'm speaking as a mom of a child bullied relentlessly in the past in multiple settings and is thankfully no longer being bullied.

Good luck!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I just want to add that bullying victims are often lacking in social skills which makes them easy targets. It is important to get the child help with his social skills if this is the case. I'm speaking as a mom of a child bullied relentlessly in the past in multiple settings and is thankfully no longer being bullied.

Good luck!

Yes, and this isn't blaming the victim, it's empowering the victim.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:28 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Yes, and this isn't blaming the victim, it's empowering the victim.

Indeed.

Its also facing reality. Teachers and administrators haven't been able to stop bullying in all the years they've tried; I have no delusions that even the best-intentioned will completely stop it now. So we need to work on all fronts. Work with our schools to recognize and stop bullying. Work with our kids to stop them from engaging in bullying behaviors. And work with our kids to "bully proof" them.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:30 am
OP, you must make sure that your son has friends who are on his side. Bullies usually pick on the friendless. Take your son AND HIS PALS on outings: bowling, skating, pizza shop, ice cream store etc. Konei L'cha Chaver.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics