Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low Carb and Tingling fingers

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 9:42 am
I usually eat low carb to help with joint pain and keep my Weightloss
For the past 3 months I’ve developed tingling in my finger tips
I’ve been to the dr. and he’s still trying to figure it out. He wants me to be stricter on my low carb eating.
The past 5 days, on vacation, I’ve totally ditched the low carb eating and my tingling is subsiding. Also eaten “junk food@
Of course I’ll mention it to my dr.
Just wondering if any imas had any ideas on this.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:50 pm
BUMP

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:26 pm
Yes, I've heard of this. Not sure if anyone knows a definite cause- whether it's caused by ketosis, or whether the restricted diet causes deficiencies of certain vitamins or minerals.

oakandfig19

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:43 pm
I’m not a doctor, but I think hypoglycemia could cause that...perhaps your body needs more carbs/sugars than it’s getting?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 2:27 pm
Hi. I’m a nutrition professional who helps people transition off low carb diets. This is a typical symptom of low metabolism which is a result of insufficient carbs.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:15 am
Are you by any chance talking vitamin B? I think it's B6 in high doses that's been linked to neuropathy.

leaf

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:24 pm
There is corellation btwn b12 deficiency and tingling...don't know if it relates to you
Hatzlacha in figuring it out and feeling better!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:28 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Hi. I’m a nutrition professional who helps people transition off low carb diets. This is a typical symptom of low metabolism which is a result of insufficient carbs.

Keto is not low carb, it’s just low starchy carbs, but does have enough carbs in the form of vegetables. My doctor said studies are now showing just how unhealthy all those starchy carbs really are and that keto shows the most improvement in overall health.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I usually eat low carb to help with joint pain and keep my Weightloss
For the past 3 months I’ve developed tingling in my finger tips
I’ve been to the dr. and he’s still trying to figure it out. He wants me to be stricter on my low carb eating.
The past 5 days, on vacation, I’ve totally ditched the low carb eating and my tingling is subsiding. Also eaten “junk food@
Of course I’ll mention it to my dr.
Just wondering if any imas had any ideas on this.

It could be a coincidence. There are lots of things that can cause that, such as nerve issues, arthritis, disc, back, neck issues...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise